advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Obligatory Post from Obuntu
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 11, 2019 10:27PM
a few weeks ago i asked how to wipe my late brother's computer clean and it was suggested i download and install Ubuntu on his Windows machines. it's taken me a greater part of today to figure my way in windows but i finally made a bootable USB install disk.

thought i'd wander around in Ubuntu for a few moments. don't know how old these machines are but Ubuntu is much perkier than whatever version of Windows my brother was running. i'm giving this machine to a friend of his though i warned her it's dog slow; she be better off with his old macbook pro but some people are set in their ways.

hope she likes Ubuntu...

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Obligatory Post from Obuntu
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 12, 2019 08:03PM
graylocks
a few weeks ago i asked how to wipe my late brother's computer clean and it was suggested i download and install Ubuntu on his Windows machines. it's taken me a greater part of today to figure my way in windows but i finally made a bootable USB install disk.

thought i'd wander around in Ubuntu for a few moments. don't know how old these machines are but Ubuntu is much perkier than whatever version of Windows my brother was running. i'm giving this machine to a friend of his though i warned her it's dog slow; she be better off with his old macbook pro but some people are set in their ways.

hope she likes Ubuntu...

I lost my brother in January 2016. I still have to go through his stuff. Pretty adventurous installing Ubuntu.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 12, 2019 09:23PM
vision63
Pretty adventurous installing Ubuntu.

yeah, my inner nerd was really out there!

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: July 13, 2019 12:35AM
It’s not that adventurous any more. In many ways it’s superior to OSX. The biggest issue is hardware support and closed source drivers for the hardware.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 14, 2019 11:37AM
OBantu?!?!? Is that some librul Kenyan version of Murricantu?!?!?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 290
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018