advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Drivers rush to grab cash after armored car's door flies open on Georgia highway
Posted by: Drew
Date: July 12, 2019 02:22AM
Drivers pulled over and scrambled out of their vehicles when an armored truck's door accidentally swung open while driving along Interstate 285 Tuesday evening -- spilling cold, hard cash everywhere.

[www.yahoo.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Drivers rush to grab cash after armored car's door flies open on Georgia highway
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 12, 2019 04:15AM
Awfully nice of all those drivers to help gather up that money to return to the armored car crew.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: Drivers rush to grab cash after armored car's door flies open on Georgia highway
Posted by: Drew
Date: July 12, 2019 04:46AM
Dunwoody Sgt. Robert Parsons estimated about $175,000 spilled out onto the highway, according to Atlanta affiliate WSB. Drivers will not be able to keep their hauls, however.

"Those people who do not return the money, we have video, we have tag numbers. We have footage of people on the interstate," Parsons told WSB. "What we're asking the public to do is bring the money back. Don't make us come looking for you, because if we do that, you probably will be charged."
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 12, 2019 07:20AM
I cannot even imagine how nuts that must have been. Rush Hour 285 is a demolition derby under optimal conditions.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: July 12, 2019 07:41AM
Does this happen very often in Georgia because they actually put a law on the books covering this.
"...could face charges of theft of lost or mislaid property, a misdemeanor under Georgia law. Amounts exceeding $1,500 are considered a felony, however, and have harsher punishments." (anonymous quote on news broadcast)

N39° 39.7234', W075° 33.9788'
...word salad is not a disorder, it is a symptom...

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
-Albert Einstein

Posted by: testcase
Date: July 12, 2019 08:31AM
Larceny statutes usually cover “found property” over a certain value. You KNOW (or should know) what belongs to you. If you keep property that you know isn’t yours, you shouldn’t be surprised to face charges when caught.
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 12, 2019 09:22AM
Read in the paper today that about $4,500 had been turned in.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 12, 2019 01:17PM
Something like that happened here a few years back … [www.nbcsandiego.com] … it was the result of a drug suspect tossing a bag of cash out of their car while being chased by police.

A free-for-all ensued.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 12, 2019 01:46PM
Theft by Finding, I believe, is the actual crime. Seriously.

Here's some video re/Daily Dose of Internet on YouTube (if it loads*): [youtu.be]

* I'm having worlds of trouble with YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter today via Safari

Make it a good day today.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 12, 2019 06:29PM
Theft by Finding, I believe, is the actual crime. Seriously.

Probably every state has something like an 'unlawful windfall' law.

Without it people believe 'if it's not yours, don't take it' doesn't apply to them.

Not that a law will stop a lot of people.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 13, 2019 02:48AM
I'm sure some will call the we got video as a bluff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 278
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018