advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Hey! Let's all meet in the desert and storm Area 51 and check out some alien @#$%&!!!
Posted by: hal
Date: July 15, 2019 03:16PM
There is a Facebook group of 1,000,000 people taking about doing just this. Would they really do it? Yes - they absolutely would.

"If we Naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets," the page says, referencing the Japanese manga-inspired running style with arms outstretched backwards and heads forward. "Let's see them aliens."

That's why the Air Force has put up a warning telling people that they will defend the base.

A pinned post on the page attempts to cover its bases, reading "Hello US government, this is a joke, and I do not actually intend to go ahead with this plan. I just thought it would be funny and get me some thumbsy uppies on the internet." But as the event has gained traction -- inspiring dozens of memes and jokes -- the profile of the situation has risen, so much so that the US Air Force has been made aware of the potential impending raid.

And they're not as lighthearted about the situation as folks on the internet are.

"[Area 51] is an open training range for the U.S. Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces," a spokeswoman told The Washington Post. "The U.S. Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hey! Let's all meet in the desert and storm Area 51 and check out some alien @#$%&!!!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 15, 2019 03:25PM
I've got 6 bucks. I'll buy all of them a Burger King taco for everyone who actually shows up (and have a couple for myself)
Re: Hey! Let's all meet in the desert and storm Area 51 and check out some alien @#$%&!!!
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: July 15, 2019 03:35PM
I'll bring the lawn chairs... who's bringing popcorn and beer so we can watch while they try it?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 15, 2019 04:05PM
Line of defense -1:
Highway patrol and local cops close all access roads.

Line of defense #0:
Signs. DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED.

Line of defense #1:
Line of razor wire. Vehicle placed for speed.

Line of defense #2:
Gas projectors.

Line of defense #3:
MK-19 automatic grenade launcher launching these:
[www.popsci.com]

Line of defense #4;
MK-19 firing fragmentation grenades. (AKA screw you and everyone within 10 meters of you).

Line of defense #5:
Whole lotta machine guns and APV's.

Line of defense #6:
All the buildings are locked, because idiots cant get in anyway.

End results:
A whole buncha interwebs idiots get themselves legally killed. Yay.

Oh, and do you really THINK that the current President, who supposedly has access to all 'the gnarly secrets' would not have tweeted it all out years ago ? The only secret stuff there is a whole lotta drone and stealth development.
Posted by: Forrest
Date: July 15, 2019 04:12PM
No thanks. A portion of Area 51 was radioactive due to nuclear testing in the 50's according to Ann Jacobsen's Area 51 History.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 15, 2019 04:24PM
Do the people on this forum get dibs on three stuff?

Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: July 15, 2019 04:37PM
Last year, someone created a joke Facebook event for the dynamiting of the Confederate Carvings on Stone Mountain. I wanted to go just to see what kind of idiots would actually show up.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: July 15, 2019 04:38PM
Well, idiots that WEREN'T going to see the idiots.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 16, 2019 06:43AM
....so these are essentially......storm......troopers......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 282
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018