advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
someday you'll find it, the rainbow connection?!.....Apple 'rainbow logo' may return......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 16, 2019 11:48AM
.....on limited items for limited time.....as early as this year.....

Apple's Rainbow Logo May Return to Some New Products as Early as This Year

.....Apple may be planning to reintroduce its classic rainbow logo on some of its new products as early as this year, according to a well-connected MacRumors tipster, who in turn cites a corporate Apple employee in Cupertino.

We don't know which products might be involved, but the Mac would be a good candidate, as the multicolored Apple logo was used on the original Macintosh in 1984 and on many other Apple computers before and after it. iPhones and iPads could also be suitable — perhaps special editions along the lines of (PRODUCT)RED.

To be clear, this rumor could very well be untrue. We have elected to share it since it comes from a tipster who has longstanding connections to both Apple and related industries, but no other sources have shared similar information that we know of. And, even if true, the plans could certainly change.

Apple's rainbow or "six-color" logo made its debut on the Apple II computer in 1977 and was widely used until 1998, when it began to be phased out in favor of a monochrome Apple logo similar to the one used today.

Despite not officially using its rainbow logo in over 20 years, Apple has continued to embrace its colors over the years.

Apple Park was recently decorated with the colors of the rainbow logo in celebration of the formal opening of Apple's new headquarters, and as a tribute to Steve Jobs. The colors were splashed on stairs, walkways, coffee cups, and even a stage with a rainbow arch used for an employee-only Lady Gaga performance.

Apple's departing design chief Jony Ive recently reflected on the rainbow's significance:

There is the resonance with the rainbow logo that's been part of our identity for many years. The rainbow is also a positive and joyful expression of some of our inclusion values and I think that one of the primary reasons the idea resonated so immediately and so profoundly with us was the form -- the connection from an aesthetic design point of view. A semi-circle relates so beautifully and naturally to the form of the ring.

Again, we do not know if this rumor is true, but our tipster is reputable enough in our opinion for us to at least share what we have heard.

you can paint.......with all the colors......of.....the wind..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2019 12:03PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: someday you'll find it, the rainbow connection?!.....Apple rainbow logo may return......
Posted by: timg
Date: July 16, 2019 11:50AM
Will Kermit reintroduce it? That would be cool.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Re: someday you'll find it, the rainbow connection?!.....Apple rainbow logo may return......
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 16, 2019 12:19PM
So now that Brushed Aluminum Jony is gone we get color Jony back ? Cool.
Brushed Aluminum is the new beige, IMHO.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 16, 2019 12:46PM
The Apple rainbow looked ok on the many beige and gray plastic Macs and accoutrement.

I would not like to see it on any aluminium product.

I would like to see a return of the illuminated Apple, but that would need a thicker display lid.

Wake me when that happens. LOL

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 16, 2019 02:17PM
If that illuminated Apple is OLED, maybe not. And then it could be programmed to display a finite, but very large number of colors… including the rainbow apple. Probably wouldn't increase lid thickness, but would eat battery faster. Besides just a colored, illuminated apple, it could also display things like messages, time, even apps - anything a display can handle now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2019 02:19PM by bfd.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 16, 2019 04:17PM
...it could also display things like messages, time, even apps - anything a display can handle now.

Wow, I'd really like that.

Get notifications on 'the Apple', when your phone isn't handy.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 16, 2019 05:30PM
I have a half dozen rainbow mousepads still in two-pack shrink wrap (rainbow Apple on black background.) Might be a good time for me to put them on eBay before new ones are released.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: July 16, 2019 08:09PM
LEADER!
Posted by: 3d
Date: July 17, 2019 12:37PM
timg
Will Kermit reintroduce it? That would be cool.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 295
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018