advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Hey, It's Nashville aka Music City--Woman threatens boyfriend with box cutter over song lyrics
Posted by: jh
Date: July 16, 2019 06:10PM
Police: Woman punches, threatens boyfriend with box cutter over song lyrics

NASHVILLE (WSMV) - Investigators arrested a woman who reportedly punched and threatened her boyfriend over a song he was singing.

According to arrest records, officers were dispatched to a home on the 1400 block of Lischey Avenue for a domestic disturbance between a couple. When they arrived, officers separated Cortney R. King and the victim. The victim told police that he was sitting in his bedroom listening to music and singing and that King did not like the lyrics of the song he was singing. The victim said King punched him in the face and pulled out a box cutter on him. He said he felt his life was in danger when King grabbed the box cutter, but she did not approach him with it.

The victim sustained injuries to the upper part of his face. The victim declined to press charges, but officers had probable cause to press charges on his behalf.

King was taken into custody and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and for forfeiture. She was booked into jail on $11,000 bond.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hey, It's Nashville aka Music City--Woman threatens boyfriend with box cutter over song lyrics
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 16, 2019 06:26PM
That would have to be some PRIME you-know-what to sustain injuries and call for help yet not press charges.

Some people want "referees," not the police.

It might sound like I'm making light of domestic violence, but I'm not.
Re: Hey, It's Nashville aka Music City--Woman threatens boyfriend with box cutter over song lyrics
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 16, 2019 06:52PM
That would have to be some PRIME you-know-what to sustain injuries and call for help yet not press charges.

LOL.

At least she didn't bring a box cutter to a gun fight.

In CA and a few other states, the suspect in domestic violence cases is required to be arrested, when there's evidence of physical injury, whether or not the victim wants to press charges.

I'd be rethinking my living arrangements if I were him.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: July 16, 2019 07:36PM
Dirty deeds- Thunderchief!
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 16, 2019 07:37PM
YEARS ago, the agency I worked for got to the point where, if someone told you (or you told them) to go f**K yourself (themself), you'd be considered to be in a "sexual relationship". WAAAAY beyond the point of reasonableness.

MOST of these cases would have been better served with some sort of education / counseling instead of making them criminal cases.

The new law RETROACTIVELY turned MANY people into criminals (with NO recourse to have their cases reheard), something that should be unfathomable in America. People who "plead out" to a minor offense DECADES ago (often to just speed the process) found themselves as NEWLY minted criminals who, had they known they would face MAJOR problems YEARS down the road, would NEVER have accepted such a plea deal.

"Political Correctness" is RARELY (if ever) truly correct.

old fogey smiley
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 16, 2019 09:14PM
deckeda

Some people want "referees," not the police.

It might sound like I'm making light of domestic violence, but I'm not.

I get what you mean. There is a saying down here which describes the siren-like attraction of the emotionally volatile partner that goes "Crazy in the head, crazy in the bed". Many if not most of these guys know very well what they're getting themselves in to, and they consider the reward worth the risk... at least until the line into knife or gun play is crossed.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: July 16, 2019 10:03PM
What was the song? Sounds like a little fruit of the vine might have been involved. drink smiley

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

The HAH weblog: [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Topical weblog: [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 16, 2019 11:26PM
mrlynn
What was the song? Sounds like a little fruit of the vine might have been involved. drink smiley

This one would be my first guess- "Mama She's Lazy" [www.youtube.com]

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: July 17, 2019 05:46AM
Thrift Store Scott
mrlynn

This one would be my first guess- "Mama She's Lazy" [www.youtube.com]

Good choice.

/Mr Lynn
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 17, 2019 01:11PM
Hey, it is Nashville - now we might have lyrics for a new song.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018