advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Meth Gators Oh My!
Posted by: jh
Date: July 16, 2019 06:18PM
Loretto is located in southwest of Nashville near the Alabama state line. I have not heard of any gators there but maybe they know something I don't.

If you flush drugs down the toilet, you could be creating 'meth gators,' police in Tennessee say

A Tennessee police department is warning residents to stop flushing drugs down their toilet and sinks out of fear they could create "meth gators."
"Now our sewer guys take great pride in releasing water that is cleaner than what is in the creek, but they are not really prepared for meth," according to a Loretto Police Department social media post. "Ducks, Geese, and other fowl frequent our treatment ponds and we shudder to think what one all hyped up on meth would do."
The police posted the warning to Facebook on Saturday after officers found a suspect unsuccessfully trying to flush methamphetamine and paraphernalia at their home.
The suspect was arrested, but police say this is becoming a bigger issue for the city because drugs in the sewer system end up in retention ponds for processing before they are sent downstream.

Police warn that if the drugs make it far enough, they will end up being consumed by gators in Shoal Creek.

"They've had enough methed up animals the past few weeks without our help," police wrote.
Loretto Police urge residents to bring in any drugs, including prescription medication, into their offices for proper disposal instead of flushing.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Meth Gators Oh My!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 16, 2019 06:35PM
1) no actual proof of 'methed-up' anyone except possibly the police
2) 'A meth is a terrible thing to waste.'
3) Wouldn't this make the alligators less dangerous if all their teeth are dropping out?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 16, 2019 06:46PM
Meth-Gators!

That reads like something I'd see on Face-Book.

If I did Face-Book.

Maybe it's a thing, but it seems to me that would mean a lot of meth is being dumped, and I just don't see that happening.

Something that also might be a thing, but I've always thought an urban legend – any documentations of alligators, caymans, or crocodiles in urban sewers.

I'm to lazy to Snope it out, at least at the moment.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 16, 2019 09:04PM
jh
Loretto is located in southwest of Nashville near the Alabama state line. I have not heard of any gators there but maybe they know something I don't.

Hey, it's been a big news day for gators. they get around.

‘Exhausted’ alligator ‘put up a little fight’ but was caught in Chicago’s Humboldt Park Lagoon

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: July 17, 2019 11:17AM
We need a little photoshop skill here to do one of those progression photo collage of these meth addicted gators. From a happy toothy gator to a cracked out @#$%&, shell of himself gator.

One of you can do it! It would be a hoot : )

Bryan
Posted by: mikebw
Date: July 17, 2019 12:18PM
Yes yes, just bring us your illegal drugs, we won't have any reason to suspect anything or arrest you for possession, promise!

eye rolling smiley
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: July 18, 2019 11:33AM
H O A X

KSRO -
Loretto (TN)* Police Chief Bobby Joe Killen told ABC News that while there have been no reports of wild animals on drugs in the area, the department decided to post the warning after seeing past reports of a squirrel that may have been fed meth in Alabama, and a python and other animals that were addicted to meth at an Australian prison.

“As far as I know, there’s no methed-up gators being sighted anywhere,” Killen said. “It’s just a joke to let people know they don’t need to be flushing their drugs of any kind down the sewer system. They need to dispose of it in a proper manner.”

Killen said the police department often adds jokes to its public service announcements to help get the point across.

“We take our job seriously, but we like to joke amongst ourselves at the department,” he said. “When you work eight, 10-hour shifts in our line of work, there are times when we like to laugh a little bit. Otherwise, you take you problems home.”
KSRO
*corrected mis-spelling

N39° 39.7234', W075° 33.9788'
...word salad is not a disorder, it is a symptom...

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
-Albert Einstein

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 18, 2019 01:37PM

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 250
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018