advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New (to me) scam attempt
Posted by: blooz
Date: August 11, 2019 08:39PM
Got a facebook message from a friend—had her facebook photo with it, saying she thought I was in a video and asking me to confirm it. I clicked on her message and was taken to a page that said "you tube groups" and the video link had a long name followed by blogspot.com.
I thought her request was weird and Ii was already suspicious, so I got off that page and texted her to ask if she had sent that message. nope, she hadn't.
Don't know what would have happened if I'd opened that video but I'm sure it wouldn't have been good.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New (to me) scam attempt
Posted by: Don C
Date: August 11, 2019 10:26PM
I got two of those last week. I did click on the first one and there was a point where it wanted me to download two different apps that would allow the video to play. I bailed when they started asking for information.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: August 12, 2019 09:01AM
Those ought to be reported to Facebook.

Mr. Curmudgeon, on several OSes and an ego trip.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 12, 2019 09:45AM
i get those a couple a times a week. i don't click on them and Messenger block the person that it came from as that person is either hacked or doesn't know enough not to pass on scams like that. if it's a friend IRL i will text them by phone and ask if their account is okay. each time i've checked this way it's been a hack.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 301
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018