advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
ScanSnap Home software 64 bit - Has anyone replaced original 32 bit software?
Posted by: Fred_Also
Date: August 12, 2019 01:56PM
I have a ScanSnap ix500 that is running the 32-bit software that came with it about 3 years ago.

Fujitsu has not released the 64-bit ScanSnap app for the ix500. They do offer an app called ScanSnap Home 64 bit.

Has anyone switched to SS Home? And if so, does it do the OCR like the original 32-bit version did?

It says something to the effect you have to remove all of the original software to use the SnapScan Home. I hate to install it and have it not work as good as the old version.

I may just need a new sheet scanner as this one is not working right. The scan of the backside leaves a black mark from top to bottom about the middle of the page.

Thanks,
Fred
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ScanSnap Home software 64 bit - Has anyone replaced original 32 bit software?
Posted by: Bernie
Date: August 12, 2019 04:16PM
Still running ScanSnap Manager 3.2.91.1001
on
10.11.6 OS X El Capitan

Staunton, Virginia
Re: ScanSnap Home software 64 bit - Has anyone replaced original 32 bit software?
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: August 12, 2019 04:49PM
I have the ScanSnap S1300i and switched to SS Home a few months ago. I don't like the interface as well, but I just tested the OCR--It did a good job making a somple Doc a searchable PDF within the program.
Glad it is 64 Bit, because the scanner is very useful.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: August 13, 2019 08:23AM
Based on a recent post about this very thing, I switched to VueScan. After a hiccup or two, it's working perfectly for me. (primary hiccup: I had to uninstall the demo & reinstall the software to get it to work with the "just press the button to scan" on the S1500; after reinstall everything works great)

To be fair, I never used much of the ScanSnap software suite, save for using it as a scanner. I use Acrobat DC for OCR, and I have my own filing system for scanned documents (as PDFs).

The demo is fully functional insofar as I recall (except for the big watermark on each scan), so you should be able to try out all the functionality.

ADDED: here's that post: [forums.macresource.com]

ADDED: Fred * based on what you're saying, the roller may be going bad. My first ScanSnap (I forget the model; it was eons ago) was used, and was having a lot of trouble pulling in one sheet at a time. Bought a new one and it was night/day difference. Point being, I seem to recall starting to have the line issues just near the end, but it could also be you need to do some heavier duty cleaning of the optics, or there's something on the roller that's pushing that indention/line into the scans.

Make it a good day today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2019 08:26AM by Zoidberg.
Posted by: StingMe
Date: August 13, 2019 01:10PM
I just installed ScanSnap Manager v 3.2.91.1001 under MOSX 10.14.6 to run an older ScanSnap fi-5110EOXM. I've only scanned a few things so far but it seems to be working fine.

Does the line appear in the exact same location on every scan? Sounds like there may be something on the glass...

Cleaning the iX500: [www.pfu.fujitsu.com]
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: August 13, 2019 08:17PM
Just got this message when I booted the old version

"Important notice for ScanSnap software users
Summary
This is an important notice about the upcoming macOS (Catalina).

***For users of iX500, iX100, SV600, S1300i, S1100i, S1100***

The ScanSnap software you are using is not available on the macOS 10.15 Catalina. To keep using your ScanSnap on the macOS, use ScanSnap Home.

Details
No further updates will be provided to the ScanSnap software you are using.
The ScanSnap software is not available on the macOS as it does not support any 32-bit applications.

If you want to keep using your ScanSnap after updated your OS, ScanSnap Home, the successor to this software, is required.
For details on ScanSnap Home, refer to below.
[www.fujitsu.com] Window

***For users of S1500, S1500M, S1300***

The ScanSnap software you are using is not available on the macOS 10.15 Catalina.
We would suggest using your ScanSnap with the current version of macOS.
Or upgrading your ScanSnap to a recent model.

Details
No further updates will be provided to the ScanSnap software you are using.
The ScanSnap software is not available on the macOS as it does not support any 32-bit applications.

If you will use macOS 10.13 or earlier, you can keep using ScanSnap S1500,S1500M, and S1300.
When you use macOS 10.14 or later, please consider purchasing a ScanSnap that is currently available."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 244
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018