advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
reunited and it feels so good?!....Viacom and CBS (re)merger'd.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 13, 2019 03:01PM
.....after 13 years of separation.....will be called ViacomCBS....

.....the new entity to be called ViacomCBS after 13 years of the two operating in separate media domains.

Under the all-stock deal, Viacom shareholders will get 0.59625 CBS shares for each non-voting share they own, which is an exchange ratio a bit below Viacom’s closing price last Friday. Regulatory approval of the merger is expected in the next several months......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2019 03:05PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: reunited and it feels so good?!....Viacom and CBS (re)merger'd.....
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: August 13, 2019 04:06PM
Hollywood Reporter
“The merged company will have a library of 3,600 film titles and 140,000 TV episodes, an important set of assets as CBS All Access and Showtime OTT battle with Netflix and others and as Viacom's PlutoTV gears up to do the same. The new ViacomCBS will also boast a 22 percent share of the U.S. television audience, larger than Comcast, Disney, Fox Corporation, Discovery or WarnerMedia.”

The official announcement. (PDF)

Page 1 of 6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2019 04:10PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 13, 2019 04:15PM
....this also brings the 'Star Trek' franchise all under one roof....the movie and the tv shows......

.....Taking a page from the now Fox-expanded Disney book, new ViacomCBS kingpin Bob Bakish made very clear just now on today’s investor call, Star Trek and the Mission Impossible franchises have significant potential to leverage “across all the companies’ platforms.” Soon to be minted CBS CEO Joe Ianniello hit the drum hard himself when he added with an international angle that “scale is becoming more and more important all the time.”

With no lingering licensing barriers, the lucrative property created by Gene Roddenberry is now under one ownership for the first time since Star Trek: Enterprise came to an end in 2005. It was, of course, the next year that CBS and Viacom were split into two separate companies.

As CBS All Access heads towards launching the much hyped Star Trek: Picard next year with an animated series, shorts and a Michelle Yeoh Discovery spinoff coming down the line, Paramount properties of the first iteration characters like James T. Kirk could become integrated into one even bigger Trekverse.

It may not be Marvel yet but it certainly has the potential to rival the Disney-own comic giant with a legacy and currency that is almost as valuable – especially as part of Shari Redstone’s overall strategy is a great global footprint......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2019 04:15PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 13, 2019 07:21PM
I'm still not paying for CBS All Access. Ever.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 13, 2019 10:01PM
Maybe its not too late to rescue Star Trek! Manny Coto was the show runner for S4 of Enterprise. I wonder what he's doing now!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 319
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018