Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How to clean your Apple Card
Posted by: GGD
Date: August 21, 2019 09:09PM
Apple has a support page for "How to clean your Apple Card"

Sounds like they don't want you to actually use it like you would a normal card. Maybe Otter Box will make a case for it.

[support.apple.com]

The titanium Apple Card1 is laser-etched with the card holder's name and the Apple logo. A white finish is achieved through a multi-layer coating process that's added to the titanium base material.

If your titanium Apple Card comes into contact with hard surfaces or materials, it's possible that the coating can be damaged.

If your titanium Apple Card comes into contact with contaminants that can cause stains, follow these steps to clean your card:

Gently wipe with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free microfiber cloth.
Moisten a soft, microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the card.

Don't use window or household cleaners, compressed air, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, or abrasives to clean your titanium Apple Card.

Some fabrics, like leather and denim, might cause permanent discoloration that will not wash off.

Store your titanium Apple Card in a wallet, pocket, or bag made of soft materials.
Place your card in a slot in your wallet or billfold without touching another credit card. If two credit cards are placed in the same slot your card could become scratched.
Don't place or store your titanium Apple Card card near magnets. If your card is placed close to a magnetic latch on a purse or bag, the magnetic strip can become demagnetized.
Don't place your titanium Apple Card in a pocket or bag that contains loose change, keys, or other potentially abrasive objects.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How to clean your Apple Card
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 21, 2019 09:12PM
LOL.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 21, 2019 09:31PM
I ordered a genuine Corinthian Leather Apple Card sleeve from apple.com.

A bargain at $49.95, plus I got 3% cash back in my Apple Cash!

Be still my heart!

But Apple providing some cleaning information makes sense. No doubt some users will damage the finish in trying to clean it, and then want Apple to replace it.

When they should have just got a Corinthian sleeve.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Acer
Date: August 21, 2019 09:33PM
Finally, a new use for my iPod socks!
Date: August 21, 2019 09:35PM
RAMd®d
I ordered a genuine Corinthian Leather Apple Card sleeve from apple.com.

Hope you got AppleCare+ for the card too, you'll use up one of your "Incidents" for doing that.

"Some fabrics, like leather and denim, might cause permanent discoloration that will not wash off."
Posted by: gabester
Date: August 21, 2019 09:40PM
Ridiculous.

Why does Apple so consistently insist on making products that are so fundamentally incompatible with handling from biological meatbags?

To think I was actually considering applying for the Apple card, figuring it might be one of the only ways into the arks at the apocalypse... now I'm doomed like the other fleshy sinners.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 21, 2019 10:21PM
Take a basic industry standard process and make it sound like a bespoke indie vegan alternative culture method “ handmade by Chinese virgins”... lol
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 21, 2019 10:23PM
You mean the titanium card isn't actually made out of titanium?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: August 21, 2019 10:29PM
Hope you got AppleCare+ for the card too, you'll use up one of your "Incidents" for doing that.

Holy moly!

I clean forgot about AC for the AC.

I'm on it!

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Posted by: sekker
Date: August 21, 2019 10:36PM
I got a nice chuckle reading about this earlier today.

ONLY Apple would offer a new product - THAT USUALLY LIVES IN A LEATHER WALLET - that stains when next to leather.

Reminded me of the Homepod that would stain wood furniture...
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: August 22, 2019 12:05AM
RAMd®d
Corinthian Leather

I see what you did there.

It is what it is.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 22, 2019 06:06AM
....wouldn't a condom work just as well and....cheaper.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: 3d
Date: August 22, 2019 07:59AM
Reminds me of the Gen1 iPod nano. The clear coating was so delicate in one day it was completely scuffed up inside a pocket with NOTHING else in it. In a month it looked like trash.
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: August 22, 2019 08:08AM
I’m enjoying the hilarity here, but seriously, why would you actually carry around the card. The card only gives you 1%, whereas I have several others that give more. I’ll only use the Apple pay method giving me 2%.

Asheville, NC Area
Posted by: Mactel
Date: August 22, 2019 08:38AM
Is there a dongle so I can use it with my wallet? smiley-laughing001
Posted by: 3d
Date: August 22, 2019 08:43AM
Please don't hate on us card-carrying members.

Date: August 22, 2019 09:33AM
I see what you did there.

LOL!

Please don't hate on us card-carrying members.

Preach, brother!

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

Posted by: davester
Date: August 22, 2019 02:41PM
I blame this idiocy on the arrogant nincompoopery of Jony Ives.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 22, 2019 03:09PM
Store them in a Faraday Cage.

You can never be too safe.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 22, 2019 04:19PM
Oh my God, Apple has finally become everything that non-Apple fans accused it of being for years. This is embarrassingly pretentious and pointless and stupid. Jeebus.

This is good: [www.macworld.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2019 04:25PM by $tevie.
Date: August 22, 2019 04:36PM
And they haven't even touched on the possibility of bending this metal card. I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 6 "bend gate" crisis reappears. Will the Apple Stores offer Apple Card Alignment service, or will they scold you for keeping the card in your back pocket wallet and intentionally sitting on it.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 22, 2019 05:16PM
cbelt3
Take a basic industry standard process and make it sound like a bespoke indie vegan alternative culture method “ handmade by Chinese virgins”... lol

Yeah.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: August 22, 2019 07:02PM
“Do not look directly at Happy Fun Ball...”
Date: August 22, 2019 09:31PM
$tevie, thanks for that link.

I ordered the Tom Ford pocket square.

It'll do double duty for the times I need a pocket square to be a pocket square.

And they haven't even touched on the possibility of bending this metal card. I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 6 "bend gate" crisis reappears.

No doubt it'll get major bad press, unlike the other Titanium card (AMEX?) that's been around for some time now.

How many reports of it bending?

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: August 23, 2019 09:33AM
Why would you let your servants carry it in their pockets?

Mine is transported on a silk pillow and is only handled with gloved hands.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: August 23, 2019 02:46PM
davester
I blame this idiocy on the arrogant nincompoopery of Jony Ives.
agree smiley

Steve Jobs when he does the iPhone decides he doesn't want plastic, he wants really tough glass on it, and they don't make a glass that can be tough like they want. And finally somebody says to him, because they were making all of the glass in China for the fronts of the stores, says, "You ought to check with the people at Corning. They're kind of smart there."

So, he flies to Corning, New York, sits there in front of the CEO, Wendell Weeks, and says, "This is what I want, a glass that can do this." So, Wendell Weeks says, "We once created a type of process that created something called Gorilla Glass." And Steve said, "No, no, no. Here's how you make really strong glass." And Wendell says, "Wait a minute, I know how to make glass. Shut up and listen to me." And Steve, to his credit, shuts up and listens, and Wendell Weeks describes a process that makes Gorilla Glass. And Steve then says, "Fine. In six months I want enough of it to make--whatever it is--a million iPhones." And Wendell says, "I'm sorry, we've actually never made it. We don't have a factory to make it. This was a process we developed, but we never had a manufacturing plant to do it." And Steve looks at him and says what he said to Woz, 20, 30 years earlier: "Don't be afraid, you can do it." Wendell Weeks tells me... Because I flew to Corning, because I just wanted to hear this story. Wendell Weeks tells me, "I just sat there and looked at the guy. He kept saying, 'Don't be afraid. You can do this.'"

Steve Jobs when he does the iPhone decides he doesn't want plastic, he wants really tough glass on it, and they don't make a glass that can be tough like they want. And finally somebody says to him, because they were making all of the glass in China for the fronts of the stores, says, "You ought to check with the people at Corning. They're kind of smart there."

So, he flies to Corning, New York, sits there in front of the CEO, Wendell Weeks, and says, "This is what I want, a glass that can do this." So, Wendell Weeks says, "We once created a type of process that created something called Gorilla Glass." And Steve said, "No, no, no. Here's how you make really strong glass." And Wendell says, "Wait a minute, I know how to make glass. Shut up and listen to me." And Steve, to his credit, shuts up and listens, and Wendell Weeks describes a process that makes Gorilla Glass. And Steve then says, "Fine. In six months I want enough of it to make--whatever it is--a million iPhones." And Wendell says, "I'm sorry, we've actually never made it. We don't have a factory to make it. This was a process we developed, but we never had a manufacturing plant to do it." And Steve looks at him and says what he said to Woz, 20, 30 years earlier: "Don't be afraid, you can do it." Wendell Weeks tells me... Because I flew to Corning, because I just wanted to hear this story. Wendell Weeks tells me, "I just sat there and looked at the guy. He kept saying, 'Don't be afraid. You can do this.'"

Insights on the writing of Steve Jobs, Adam Lashinsky, Fortune, 27 Dec 2011

How long did Steve Jobs carry around, field test an iPhone? Long enough!

Staunton, Virginia
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018