advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
wireless printing to HP1320?
Posted by: pbarra1
Date: August 27, 2019 08:49AM
I have two HP 1320 printers with cheap toner cartridges that will last till I retire. I want to print wirelessly to one of them. It is currently connected via usb to a late 2006 iMac running 10.6.8 that I can print to from the kitchen computer running High Sierra. I want to detach the old iMac as one of the fans is screaming but I don't want to put the printer in the kitchen (no room). I want to leave the printer in another room and print to it wirelessly without it being attached to any computer. Can this be done and if so how? TIA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: wireless printing to HP1320?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 27, 2019 09:42AM
Doesn't it have a wifi connection built in ? You may need to use CUPS drivers to get to it, but...
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 27, 2019 10:06AM
The users guide implies it has built in B/G WiFi. It is 15 years old so it may take some effort to get it working with a recent version of macOS.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: August 27, 2019 12:58PM
I don’t know if it still works, but if you have an airport extreme, you could plug it into the USB port and share it that way. They also used to make a Wi-Fi connector box for it, but that was a decade ago. I have the same HP 1320, and mine, never had Wi-Fi.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: August 27, 2019 03:44PM
This.

Ken Sp.
I don’t know if it still works, but if you have an airport extreme, you could plug it into the USB port and share it that way. They also used to make a Wi-Fi connector box for it, but that was a decade ago. I have the same HP 1320, and mine, never had Wi-Fi.
Posted by: pbarra1
Date: August 27, 2019 03:44PM
HP Laserjet 1320 does not have built in wifi. Other variants of the 1320 did. Mine does not have wifi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 234
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018