advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Favor-can you spare a video cable for a 2007 MacBook (mini dvi)
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 14, 2019 04:51PM
The backlight died, but everything else is fine, and I have a spare screen, but no cable.

Anybody have a spare mini-DVI cable? Of course, I'd pay shipping.

Thanks in advance.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Favor-can you spare a video cable for a 2007 MacBook (mini dvi)
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 14, 2019 05:02PM
Dang, I came across mine a few months ago looking for something else. That means it will probably be months before I find it again. But if I do, will let you know.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 14, 2019 05:36PM
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 14, 2019 06:02PM
Thanks, Buzz--I'd rather not buy a new one--cheaper, better for environment, help a fellow Forumite empty out their space!
Posted by: artie67
Date: September 14, 2019 06:32PM
I've got a Monoprice white one with the caps still on it. Looks like 3-4 footer. PM me and if interested I'll deal with cost of shipping. PM me and we can work something out for cheap. Artie
Posted by: artie67
Date: September 14, 2019 08:18PM
Let me get the shipping and that's most of the price. I will work on it Sunday. Thanks for the respond. Artie
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 14, 2019 09:17PM
I'm sure I have one if artie doesn't have something - mini-DVI to what output? I don't see you specifying.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 14, 2019 10:36PM
I do have two original Apple mDVI - DVI adapters; one is in use w/ old Mac Mini, the other is awaiting possible use w/ other old Mac Mini, which means if/when one of the old Mini's is soldˆ, it'll go with, or if one croaks, then it'll become available. The adapters came w/ the Mini's back then. Second Mini (as server) is hooked up to KVM via mDP port*, w/ Mini's mDVI port stark naked.

*Server Mini has been hooked up to KVM's over the years via Monoprice mDP to DVI , or mDP to VGA cables, to avoid adapters.

I was originally gonna offer to loan you the not-in-use Apple adapter, then when I saw how cheap the options were for getting new ones shipped directly to you, I posted that info instead. I didn't look into the shipped cost for a landfill-saving, pre-owned one, but I figured it had to be in line with the new gear, so the costs of all the cross-shipping would be far more.

ˆ I have original boxes and packing, so when gear is sold, buyer gets complete unboxing experience, and will haggle less since everything is included, even the OEM 2GB SODIMM's that have been upgraded to 4GB sticks.
==
Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 14, 2019 10:44PM
Yes, almost definitely have one to VGA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 255
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018