The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Badass @#$%&
Posted by: wowzer
Date: October 01, 2019 09:23PM
Say what you will, but this guy is a badass

[youtu.be]

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Badass @#$%&
Posted by: davester
Date: October 01, 2019 09:43PM
Idiotic, I'd say, and environmentally destructive to boot. My wasp's nest had about 100 times as many wasps as that and was much more difficult to access. The beekeeper I called to remove it very carefully vacuumed the wasps out, removed the nest, then repatriated the wasps far away, all without killing them.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 01, 2019 09:48PM
Picking up the wasp nest wasn't near as impressing as spraying the light fixture with a water hose.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 01, 2019 09:51PM
davester
Idiotic, I'd say, and environmentally destructive to boot. My wasp's nest had about 100 times as many wasps as that and was much more difficult to access. The beekeeper I called to remove it very carefully vacuumed the wasps out, removed the nest, then repatriated the wasps far away, all without killing them.

So that he could repeat the same action on a house near where they were released? Why would you not kill them. They are wasps, not bees.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: October 01, 2019 10:06PM
Balance of nature, keeps destructive insects in check. Dad had a garden. Never used pesticides. Never lost crops. Walking into his garden was like going on safari, of the arthropod kind. Some very badass looking insects in there, including several varieties of wasps. None of them messed with you.
Posted by: blooz
Date: October 01, 2019 10:40PM
wasps are basically good. They just sometimes nest in inconvenient places. I have now a small wasp nest in the space between my storm and front doors (the storm doesn't close properly and needs to be replaced so they have free access to that space). It's been there all summer. No problem with them, not been attacked. I've had worse neighbors.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 01, 2019 10:57PM
The last one we had on our sons hay shed we waited until a cool night, he held a spotlight
on it and I took a 20 gauge shotgun with a modified choke(wide pattern from the factory)
and I blew it away and he floor boarded the golf cart and we got the heck out of there.
Next day they needed to put hay it and there was only a couple of those little bastards
left and we sprayed them. We knew that the tractors exhaust comes out the side where
the nest was and would have blown right onto them while they were stacking round
bales and someone was going to get eat up. If it had been in a place where it wouldn't
have been a nuisance we would have left it alone.

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 10:58PM by Grateful11.
Posted by: rz
Date: October 02, 2019 10:09AM
I've been stung by wasps more than once. I kill them whenever I can.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 02, 2019 10:59AM
rz
I've been stung by wasps more than once. I kill them whenever I can.

I think red Wasps are the worst. The problem is they always seem to build their nests
in the worst possible places here on the farm.

Grateful11
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 02, 2019 11:42PM
blooz
wasps are basically good. They just sometimes nest in inconvenient places. I have now a small wasp nest in the space between my storm and front doors (the storm doesn't close properly and needs to be replaced so they have free access to that space). It's been there all summer. No problem with them, not been attacked. I've had worse neighbors.

I did exactly the same when there was a nest on my porch just a few feet from my front door. I didn't notice it for a while apparently, because I never really saw a lot of wasps in it. Left it there and it basically disintegrated over a few weeks.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 03, 2019 08:39AM
....sting.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 254
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018