Date: October 08, 2019 02:53PM
[www.amazon.com]

I have this suitcase, and it is great.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Roll on--GREAT deal on rolling carryon suitcase
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 08, 2019 03:05PM
$115.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: October 08, 2019 03:07PM
Amazon says the list price is $440...yeah, right.

Once we place nonhuman animals outside our sphere of moral consideration
and treat them as things we use to satisfy our own desires,
the outcome is predictable.

- Peter Singer
Posted by: Gareth
Date: October 08, 2019 04:03PM
Speedy
$115.

I'm seeing a $23 coupon which would make it $92. Make sure to clip the coupon if you're buying!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 08, 2019 04:04PM
Too heavy at 7 lbs, that is almost 20% of carry-on weight limit. Same with checked bags, I've now gone as light as possible for luggage.

I've had very good luck with "iT" brand luggage. The carry on is only 3.5lbs, while the 32" checked bags is 5.5lbs.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 08, 2019 04:22PM
Ombligo
Too heavy at 7 lbs, that is almost 20% of carry-on weight limit. Same with checked bags, I've now gone as light as possible for luggage.

I've had very good luck with "iT" brand luggage. The carry on is only 3.5lbs, while the 32" checked bags is 5.5lbs.

Stewardess spousal unit recently migrated back to a similar TravelPro. Well made stuff, works well, kinda heavy.... but employees and their families are immune to weight restrictions. If that were not the case, I'd think seriously about looking for lighter bags as that would make sense, especially for checked bags. OTOH, if you're a light packer, that doesn't push the weight limits anyway, it won't matter.
==
Posted by: Gareth
Date: October 08, 2019 04:23PM
Ombligo
Too heavy at 7 lbs, that is almost 20% of carry-on weight limit.

Do any carriers regularly weigh your carry-on (domestic)?

I know traveling internationally, especially through London, they may be more strict about that. But I've never had anyone question my carry-on weight in the US, and I'm pretty sure it's 30+ lbs sometimes. As long as you can lift it without visibly struggling, it hasn't been an issue for me.

I'll have to remember iT when shopping for new bags though. Always running up against the carry-on limit, and I find it silly that 2 checked bags are cheaper than 1 overweight bag.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 08, 2019 05:16PM
Thanks! I wonder how well the suit packaging piece works.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 08, 2019 05:19PM
4 wheels or bust.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 08, 2019 08:08PM
Most of my travel is international, so weight is always a factor. Carry on weight limit is usually 40-lbs on the major carriers so your 30-lb bag would never get a blink. I tend to be within a pound of the limit when we fly out of the country, but only 10-12 lbs on the return.

You can also ask our resident world traveler, Samintex, for her recommendations.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 08, 2019 08:38PM
.....what about the brand....Del..........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 08, 2019 09:57PM
We have the previous version of that suitcase (without the USB port) and in the last 4 years used them in Italy, on the Rhine, in Scotland and on the Danube. We traveled for 9-11 days on each trip and we each used the bag and a backpack as carry-ons. My wife's suitcase got put into one of the metal checkers coming back from the Danube last month and it wouldn't fit with the expansion zipper open. So, I pulled some stuff out, put on a jacket from my backpack and put the suitcase stuff in the backpack so it fit with the expansion zipper shut. They both look new after these 4 trips. We paid right at $100 each 4 years ago.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 08, 2019 11:01PM
How does the USB port work? I thought airlines were frowning on those - but maybe not a big deal for carry-ons?
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 09, 2019 05:24AM
sekker
How does the USB port work? I thought airlines were frowning on those - but maybe not a big deal for carry-ons?

It looks to me like you bring your own power bank and plug it into the back of the port and then you plug your device into the front of the port. The port is on the handle side of the suitcase and the "power bank dedicated pocket" is on the front side of the suitcase so I assume there's a wire that runs from the port to the dedicated pocket.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 279
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018