advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the eagle has landed?!......'The Eagles' announce massive 'Hotel California' tour......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 08, 2019 06:59PM
...through 2020 and to end in L.A.....

Eagles plan massive 'Hotel California' performances on tour

.....Eagles are planning massive performances of their album "Hotel California" during their 2020 tour
Performances of the band's 1976 album will include a 46-piece orchestra and a 22-voice choir. Organizers announced Tuesday that in total, 77 musicians are expected to be onstage while Eagles perform hits from the album including "New Kid in Town" and "Life in the Fast Lane."

The band's 2020 tour will kick off Feb. 7 in Atlanta and end April 18 in Los Angeles. Stops will include New York, Dallas, Houston and San Francisco.

The band recently performed the album in its entirety at shows in Las Vegas, the first time in its history that it had played the whole album in concert.

Tickets go on sale Friday on Ticketmaster.

endangered..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the eagle has landed?!......'The Eagles' announce massive 'Hotel California' tour......
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 08, 2019 07:34PM
Turns out, "you can enter but you can never leave" is literally true.
Re: the eagle has landed?!......'The Eagles' announce massive 'Hotel California' tour......
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 08, 2019 07:35PM
They just concluded a three-night stand in Vegas featuring this show -- looks like that was intended to be a tune-up of sorts. The show was amazing, from what I heard; I may have to find a way to see this one.

It is what it is.
Posted by: wurm
Date: October 08, 2019 10:00PM
What are you betting for ticket prices? $300?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2019 10:00PM by wurm.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 09, 2019 04:25AM
wurm

Exactly. Which is why I won't be going.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: October 09, 2019 06:21AM
mrbigstuff
wurm

I paid $500 for two tickets at the Garden back during their History tour in November of 2013. They weren’t great seats, I think they were in the first section of the blues and maybe around the middle of the stadium but at least Glenn Frey was there as well as Bernie Leadon. Randy Meisner was too sick to make the gig and I was really disappointed that they excluded Don Felder. The show was great and they played close to 3 hours so while I thought it was expensive, it was worth it. I had also seen The Long Road Out of Eden Tour in 2008 and that was excellent as well.

While I think the new band is really good and I really like Vince Gill, I have to agree with Don Henley who said it isn’t the old band and it’s all about hearing the songs themselves at this point. I’m sure it will be an excellent show but I doubt if I’ll go.

JoeM
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: October 09, 2019 09:28AM
Yeah. No.
Date: October 09, 2019 01:29PM
wurm

For the cheap seats.

I was in Vegas during the week between the first and second weekends they played there. Out of curiosity, I checked prices for the upcoming show - IIRC, the tix I saw were priced around $8000 each. I passed.

It is what it is.
Date: October 09, 2019 01:30PM
JoeM
I was really disappointed that they excluded Don Felder.

I could be wrong now that Frey is gone, but I doubt you'll see Don Felder on the same stage as the Eagles ever again.

It is what it is.
Date: October 09, 2019 03:14PM
JoeM
mrbigstuff
wurm

I paid $500 for two tickets at the Garden back during their History tour in November of 2013... The show was great and they played close to 3 hours so while I thought it was expensive, it was worth it. I had also seen The Long Road Out of Eden Tour in 2008 and that was excellent as well.

For a few years, my mom worked in the MWR office at the 32nd St. Navy base in SD. The base Ticketron computer was located in this office , so she had access to the best seating for concerts -- for example, the tickets she got me for Michael Jackson's L.A. appearance on his BAD tour were located across the aisle from the Jackson family.

Anyway, I remember my mom calling to tell me she was getting tickets for the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over tour and asked if I was interested. At the time, reunion/nostalgia tours weren't yet a thing and I saw the tour as a cheap money grab by a band whose best days were more than a decade past... so I passed. I've come to regret that decision very much.

It is what it is.
Date: October 09, 2019 04:19PM
N-OS X-tasy!
JoeM
I was really disappointed that they excluded Don Felder.

I could be wrong now that Frey is gone, but I doubt you'll see Don Felder on the same stage as the Eagles ever again.

I agree with you. I think he’s cool with it now as he seems to be enjoying doing his own thing.

JoeM
Date: October 09, 2019 04:31PM
N-OS X-tasy!
JoeM
mrbigstuff
wurm

I paid $500 for two tickets at the Garden back during their History tour in November of 2013... The show was great and they played close to 3 hours so while I thought it was expensive, it was worth it. I had also seen The Long Road Out of Eden Tour in 2008 and that was excellent as well.

For a few years, my mom worked in the MWR office at the 32nd St. Navy base in SD. The base Ticketron computer was located in this office , so she had access to the best seating for concerts -- for example, the tickets she got me for Michael Jackson's L.A. appearance on his BAD tour were located across the aisle from the Jackson family.

Anyway, I remember my mom calling to tell me she was getting tickets for the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over tour and asked if I was interested. At the time, reunion/nostalgia tours weren't yet a thing and I saw the tour as a cheap money grab by a band whose best days were more than a decade past... so I passed. I've come to regret that decision very much.

I felt like you, especially since Felder wasn’t there for that tour as well. I would never have gone except that my wife surprised me with tickets. I grumbled a bit but was pretty blown away by them, except for Steuart Smith who just doesn’t do it for me. He’s a really good guitarist but weirdly I just don’t feel the soul that Felder always brings to his playing. I wound up thanking my wife profusely for taking me.

JoeM
Date: October 11, 2019 08:09PM
Saw a billboard on the freeway yesterday advertising the L.A. dates for this show.

It is what it is.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 12, 2019 08:12AM
.....what about the L.A. raisins.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 279
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018