Billie Eyelish is a ...
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 09, 2019 10:14PM
nice person? She stopped to say hi to a young fan at ACL

[twitter.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Billie Eyelish is a ...
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 10, 2019 04:53AM
kids want to go see her, but tickets are thru the roof.

They saw Lana Del Rey Tuesday, my oldest daughter (about to turn 15) swoons over her music. Knows the words to every song. She has never really thanked me for introducing her to her music.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 12:28PM by jdc.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 10, 2019 12:02PM
jdc
... She has never really thanked me for introducing her to her music.

Same here, for when I introduced my 13 yr old to Lizzo. Kids need to think they’ve discovered everything. Mine also plays Eyelish a lot.

“Oh, she sounds like a sleepy K.Flay,” I said. (They both enunciate similarly.) I’d shown her Flay’s “Blood in the Cut” from a few years ago and she didn’t know how to process it. In retrospect the dark emo-ness couldn’t resonate.
Date: October 10, 2019 12:38PM
My girls dont care for Lizzo. My oldest is a music freak (well, limited to mostly main stream music, with an alt bent. No country or metal. Not a lot of rap. ), Im sure she may have heard Lizzo before... but never has warmed up to her.

We were just having a conversation about "album of the year" voting and we talked about several options, and we spoke about Lizzos work being older and getting an exemption.

Shes seeing Tyler the Creator on Friday. There are at least another half dozen concerts she wants to go to, but had to cut some of them off.

----

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 10, 2019 05:48PM
OK, I'll play...

Saw Van Morrison last Sunday, with Melody Gardot opening. Going to see Bob Dylan this coming Saturday. No Billie Eilish in sight.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 10, 2019 08:59PM
My 17-year-old niece likes the Beatles, Ed Sheran, Frank Sinatra, and Johnny Cash.
Date: October 10, 2019 11:17PM
Dennis S
My 17-year-old niece likes the Beatles, Ed Sheran, Frank Sinatra, and Johnny Cash.

[entertainment.theonion.com]

Son Surprised Dad Knows Johnny Cash Song
9/18/02 12:00PM

IOWA CITY, IA—Shawn Sullivan, 22, was stunned to learn Monday that his father is familiar with the Johnny Cash song "I Walk The Line." "Where the hell did Dad learn that?" asked Sullivan, whose father recognized the song playing over speakers while dining out with the family. "That's, like, something me and my friends listen to." Sullivan conjectured that, while borrowing his father's car recently, he must have inadvertently left the radio tuned to KRUI 89.7, the local college radio station.

-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Date: October 11, 2019 12:37AM
N-OS X-tasy!
OK, I'll play...

Saw Van Morrison last Sunday, with Melody Gardot opening. Going to see Bob Dylan this coming Saturday. No Billie Eilish in sight.

Well, I did see Brian Ferry with her a few weeks ago...

----

Posted by: vision63
Date: October 11, 2019 12:59PM
That's hilarious

Rolando
Dennis S

[entertainment.theonion.com]

Son Surprised Dad Knows Johnny Cash Song
9/18/02 12:00PM

IOWA CITY, IA—Shawn Sullivan, 22, was stunned to learn Monday that his father is familiar with the Johnny Cash song "I Walk The Line." "Where the hell did Dad learn that?" asked Sullivan, whose father recognized the song playing over speakers while dining out with the family. "That's, like, something me and my friends listen to." Sullivan conjectured that, while borrowing his father's car recently, he must have inadvertently left the radio tuned to KRUI 89.7, the local college radio station.
Date: October 11, 2019 01:30PM
vision63
That's hilarious

I've listened to Johnny Cash since I was a kid, my dad played his records on Sundays. I like Johnny Cash, My son LOVES him.

I played "Walk The Line Revisited" by Rodney Crowell, now he listens to Rodney as well!

[www.professorofrock.com]

-- Edmund Burke
-- Eli Weisel

Posted by: vision63
Date: October 11, 2019 01:33PM
Rolando
vision63
That's hilarious

I've listened to Johnny Cash since I was a kid, my dad played his records on Sundays. I like Johnny Cash, My son LOVES him.

I played "Walk The Line Revisited" by Rodney Crowell, now he listens to Rodney as well!

[www.professorofrock.com]

All the kids started to get into Johnny Cash when he did the Nine Inch Nails song. Not that they were into Nine Inch Nails mind you. Once someone appreciates good music, they'll dig it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 283
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018