advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Can Someone Pls Tell Me Why My Old iMac's Graphics Are Easier For Me to Look At?
Posted by: chopper
Date: October 30, 2019 12:49PM
Currently on my 10.6.8 iMac. It's unreal how easy the screen and the internet are to read on this thing ...

Why is that? Anybody?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me Why My Old iMac's Graphics Are Easier For Me to Look At?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 30, 2019 12:51PM
The Leader liked larger fonts?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Can Someone Pls Tell Me Why My Old iMac's Graphics Are Easier For Me to Look At?
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 30, 2019 01:12PM
Compared to what?

Im unsure what those 2 screen shots are trying to show...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: chopper
Date: October 30, 2019 01:21PM
compared to the other three iMacs I have here which are running a semi current OS.
Posted by: rz
Date: October 30, 2019 01:31PM
what resolutions do you have set on each?

I still love the look of Snow Leopard. I have a VM of it that I fire up once a week, and to me it represents the best UI they ever had.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: October 30, 2019 01:33PM
Not enough info, but maybe you could pay a visit to sysPrefs/Monitor/Resolution and set it to Scaled/Looks like 1280x800.

• back to confinement

Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: October 30, 2019 01:43PM
Do you have font smoothing or something similar turned on?
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 30, 2019 02:01PM
Snow Leopard (i.e. OS X 10.6.8) used a much more legible system font than does more recent versions of the OS.

It is what it is.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: October 30, 2019 08:36PM
rich in distress
Not enough info, but maybe you could pay a visit to sysPrefs/Monitor/Resolution and set it to Scaled/Looks like 1280x800.

Nothing to add to the thread but I just wanted to say I really dig your sig! I was at that show at Forest Hills, Queens, NYC and saw him do that solo of Third Stone from The Sun. Saw him numerous times when he was living in NYC and had a long conversation with him outside Columbia Records, but that is a story for another thread.

JoeM
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: October 30, 2019 09:48PM
JoeM
... I was at that show at Forest Hills, Queens, NYC and saw him do that solo of Third Stone from The Sun. Saw him numerous times when he was living in NYC and had a long conversation with him outside Columbia Records, but that is a story for another thread.

With deep, deep respect I have to say: You. Lucky. Bee...
One of those little moments that change the world IMO.
Looking fwd to that thread.

• back to confinement

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 271
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018