advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
stop being so shellfish?!.....do you know how to eat a lobster or a crab.....??
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 07, 2019 08:41AM
Poll
35 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
do you know how to eat lobster or crab?

.....do you have mad skillz......eating lobster or crab.......?????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: stop being so shellfish?!.....do you know how to eat a lobster or a crab.....??
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 07, 2019 10:07AM
crabs feed on dead things, don't they?
Re: stop being so shellfish?!.....do you know how to eat a lobster or a crab.....??
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 07, 2019 10:36AM
Steve G.
crabs feed on dead things, don't they?

Just like we humans.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 07, 2019 10:47AM
Learnt to catch, cook, and eat Lobstah in summer camp in Maine. Delish ! Learnt to catch, cook, and eat crab while bay catching on Long Island with my grandfather. Yeah... lots of work but also very tasty.

Nowadays I find crab to be too much darn work.
Posted by: rz
Date: November 07, 2019 11:57AM
It amazes me when I see people eating crabs and they only eat the legs, ignoring the body meat. That's where most of the meat is!

I grew up catching blue crabs, and learned from a very young age how to eat them properly. Lobster isn't much different. My late father had a dock in his backyard where he would toss a trap in with some chicken, and check it every few days. He made the best crab cakes ever... about 95% meat, and only enough filler to hold it together. I miss him (and the crab cakes).
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 07, 2019 01:06PM
Lobster. Crabs are too much work for little return. But I don't crave lobster, had it regularly as a kid, before it became crazy expensive (I guess before it could be shipped all that efficiently and therefor in demand). Prefer scallops, or native shrimp.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 07, 2019 01:27PM
Love crabs, but agree a lot of work. I love Lobster, want to try smoking one (parboiled).

Loved grilled scallops and shrimp!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: MikeF
Date: November 07, 2019 02:06PM
It's amazing to me that lobster used to be "poor man's" food.
Posted by: richorlin
Date: November 07, 2019 09:03PM
Crabs are too much work for too little meat. I'd rather buy a jar of Phillips lump crab meat at Costco and make crab cakes.
Except for once a year, we meet friends at Skipper's Pier in Deal, MD and go crazy with platters of crabs and crab cakes.

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 08, 2019 05:03AM
I love Alaskan King Crab. I don't make it but get it at our only seafood restaurant in town (and within 60 miles): Red Lobster.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 313
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018