advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPhone - Block this caller
Posted by: JPK
Date: November 07, 2019 03:27PM
I have been getting a steady rise in "scam likely" & unknown caller. I usually then "block this caller". It seems I have more blocked caller contacts that real ones!

What happens when a blocked caller tries to call my number then? Do they get a blocked call msg or just doesn't even ring?

JPK
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPhone - Block this caller
Posted by: wurm
Date: November 07, 2019 03:30PM
Unfortunately, it goes to Voicemail where they can then leave a message. Fortunately, most don't. Still, I wish it would just drop the call.
Posted by: testcase
Date: November 07, 2019 03:51PM
After I click "Block Caller" I then click add to existing contact which I've set up as "Optout List Block".

(Yes, I AM a "belt & suspenders" type of guy wink smiley )
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 07, 2019 03:59PM
if you have iOS 13 you can send all calls not in your contact list straight to voicemail without ringing. i love this feature though my son just had to turn it off as he is job hunting.

Settings>Phone>Silence Unknown Callers

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 07, 2019 04:22PM
I used to recommend apps like Hiya. But... with the current technology in use by spammers that illegally spoofs caller ID numbers, those apps are not that useful. And most of them are going to subscription models.

Graylocks solution is the best one. As my mom always said "If it's important they will leave a message."
Posted by: wurm
Date: November 07, 2019 07:27PM
graylocks
if you have iOS 13 you can send all calls not in your contact list straight to voicemail without ringing. i love this feature though my son just had to turn it off as he is job hunting.

Settings>Phone>Silence Unknown Callers

I effectively do the same thing in iOS 12 (and I think even 11) using Do Not Disturb. But I really would prefer them actually Blocked instead of being sent to Voicemail. Going to voicemail verifies that they got a working number and they'll never remove it from any list.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 300
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018