advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
sit and spin?!.....this sitcom on major network, just canceled [ not a new show ].....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 08, 2019 12:07PM
.....'Fresh off the Boat' on ABC......ends after Season 6.....2-part finale will air on Feb. 21st.......

......they announced a few weeks ago that they were working on spin-off with an 'Indian' family.......

Fresh Off the Boat Cancelled at ABC

.....Fresh Off the Boat is heading back out to sea; the ABC comedy’s current sixth season will also be its last. The show’s two-part series finale will air on Friday, Feb. 21 at 8/7c.

“We couldn’t be prouder of this game-changing show and the impact it has had on our cultural landscape,” Karey Burke, President of ABC Entertainment, said in a statement. “The success of Fresh Off the Boat has helped pave the way for inclusion throughout the industry. Nahnatchka Khan and her brilliant creative team have created an unforgettable series with an Asian-American family front and center, something that hadn’t been done in two decades. The cast, led by Randall Park and Constance Wu, is one of the finest and funniest on television. We’ll miss the Huang family and are eternally grateful for the incredibly heartfelt stories they have told these past six seasons.”

Loosely inspired by Fresh Off the Boat, the autobiography of chef Eddie Huang, the series stars Randall Park as Louis, Contance Wu as Jessica, Hudson Yang as Eddie, Forrest Wheeler as Emery, Ian Chen as Evan, Lucille Soong as Jenny, Chelsey Crip as Honey and Ray Wise as Marvin.

Fresh Off the Boat found itself in hot water earlier this year when Wu tweeted several less-than-favorable reactions to the show’s Season 6 renewal.

Wu later clarified her outburst, explaining, “I was temporarily upset… not because I hate the show but because its renewal meant I had to give up another project that I was really passionate about… People can hold conflicting feelings in their hearts: I can both love the show/cast/crew but at the same time be disappointed that I lost that other unrelated job.”

ABC is currently developing a Fresh Off the Boat spinoff focused on an Indian family whose daughter attends school with Eddie; those new characters are expected to be introduced in an upcoming episode.

no longer......fresh......but stale..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 12:12PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: sit and spin?!.....this sitcom on major network, just canceled [ not a new show ].....
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 08, 2019 12:16PM
That isn't a bad show.
Re: sit and spin?!.....this sitcom on major network, just canceled [ not a new show ].....
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 08, 2019 02:08PM
This sucks.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 08, 2019 05:07PM
we really enjoy it, especially the grandmother.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 08, 2019 10:01PM
At least Constance Wu's movie career won't be held back by a trifling TV show.

She can now become the superstar she was always meant to be.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 284
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018