advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bad Drugs... small pharmacy firm tests meds, finds Bad Stuff
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 08, 2019 12:44PM
"NEW HAVEN, Conn. — The escalating global recall of Zantac, the heartburn pill that once ranked as the world’s best-selling drug, has its roots not in government oversight or a high-profile lawsuit, but in a tiny online pharmacy here whose founders feared that U.S. drugs might not be as safe as people think."

[www.washingtonpost.com]

"Clark-Joseph, an economist with some chemistry training, was drawn to the idea because he kept getting sick. In graduate school, he refilled a prescriptiononly to find that the new, supposedly identical drug didn’t work. When his doctor told him to try another pharmacy because he probably got a bad batch, he was appalled. After similar incidents occurred, he started searching for a lab that would verify the chemical contents of his medication. When he didn’t find an obvious solution, he called his college friend David Light, who had worked in biotech, and suggested that they partner on a business that would verify the chemical contents of drugs.

“He thought I was being kind of paranoid at first,” Clark-Joseph said."

YES !!!!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bad Drugs... small pharmacy firm tests meds, finds Bad Stuff
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: November 08, 2019 01:35PM
But what if NMDA (N-nitrosodimethylamine) is what makes cooked food taste good?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 08, 2019 03:30PM
My primary physician recommended that I read Bottle of Lies. I did. It was scary!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 08, 2019 03:55PM
A small online pharmacy checks the drugs they sell while big pharmacies trust Big Pharma, the most profitable business in the country which can’t be bothered to manufacture many pharmaceuticals in the USA but rather outsource it to China and India. I’m sure the Chinese and Indians are interested in looking after our best interests. Melamine anyone...

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 03:56PM by Speedy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 290
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018