advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Jackfruit
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 02, 2019 08:20AM
If you have never tried it, go ahead. It is delicious.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 08:25AM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Jackfruit
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: December 02, 2019 10:41AM
I had to look this one up. Apparently, it's in the fig family. Fresh figs are fantastic - I'll have to give Jackfruit a try. Thanks!
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: December 02, 2019 11:15AM
Scared me for a second (or, scarred me for a second). Jackfruit looks a lot like Durian, which is another fruit everyone should try.

Love Jackfruit. Tasty pods.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 02, 2019 11:27AM
S. Pupp
I had to look this one up. Apparently, it's in the fig family. Fresh figs are fantastic - I'll have to give Jackfruit a try. Thanks!

It is not close in taste to figs. Interesting that they are related. You can typically find these at Asian food stores such as Ranch 99 or H Mart. They also sell canned versions. I even saw one at a chain grocery store last summer. Peeling from the pod isn’t too difficult.

Posted by: space-time
Date: December 02, 2019 12:08PM
My encounter with jackfruit:

Anaphylactic shock again

[forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: December 02, 2019 12:14PM
space-time
My encounter with jackfruit:

Anaphylactic shock again

[forums.macresource.com]

I remember reading about that, space-time.

Where are you getting your epi pens these days. I know the foreign pharmacy sites that I used to use all close down after about a year of use. I'm looking for another now.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: December 02, 2019 12:26PM
We love using this as a meat substitute... the young green kind, shredded and cooked in sauce.
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 02, 2019 12:35PM
Back then I was on a high deductible insurance plan and Epipens were about $600 for a set of two.

Since then they have generics which are about $300 for a set of two, and I have a better job where my monthly premium is only about $150 per month for entire family, and this is standard plan not high deductible. It costs less and has better coverage than the high deductible plan at the old job.

A set of 2 epipens generic is now $10 and the pharmacist will give me a $10 coupon so I pay NOTHING when I pick up the EpiPen.
Posted by: TLB
Date: December 02, 2019 01:21PM
RecipeForDisaster
We love using this as a meat substitute... the young green kind, shredded and cooked in sauce.

Yep. we have a local BBQ that makes a vegan "pulled" jackfruit that is quite tasty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 268
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018