advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Insanely beautifully remastered 4k video of the Who live in 1978 - looks like it was filmed yesterday
Posted by: hal
Date: December 05, 2019 12:02AM
Baba O'Riley
[www.youtube.com]

Won't Get Fooled Again
[www.youtube.com]

You've probably seen this before, but not THIS GOOD. Live tracks from The Kids are Alright. Beautiful audio and up to 4k video. I'm getting a little misty-eyed here...

This in-studio film of Who are You is amazing too: [www.youtube.com]

this is the Who's Youtube channel - LOTS of good stuff there
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Insanely beautifully remastered 4k video of the Who live in 1978 - looks like it was filmed yesterday
Posted by: freeradical
Date: December 05, 2019 12:49AM
Thank You...Thank you...Thank You...
Re: Insanely beautifully remastered 4k video of the Who live in 1978 - looks like it was filmed yesterday
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: December 05, 2019 03:23AM
Wow.....iff I didn’t know any better, I’d have said this was a modern day video of a tribute band or something.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: December 05, 2019 03:40AM
hail smiley hal hail smiley

Pete and #5 thru the HIWATTs!

...and the world's best drummer...

nicethread

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2019 03:42AM by MrNoBody.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: December 05, 2019 05:19AM
Thanks!

That's shows what a real rock-n-roll band is.
Posted by: jardster
Date: December 05, 2019 06:39AM
Is that Duck tape holding on Keith Moon's headphones?!

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 05, 2019 07:22AM
Time travel!!!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 05, 2019 08:54AM
Must have been 35mm film, but what's equally as impressive is the production - this was filmed as if it were for cinema release: dollies, lighting, multiple cameras, etc. Is this part of a larger release of this material on DVD?

(Don't think that was the actual on-record recording of Who Are You, sounded slightly different.)
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: December 05, 2019 10:45AM
I'll have to watch that at home tonight cause it looks fab on my 1080p here!
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: December 05, 2019 10:50AM
So awesome, thank you

Best part is Pete's famous slide during Roger's scream in 4K:

[youtu.be]

My daily record blog: [www.auditorymusings.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2019 10:50AM by pinkoos.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 05, 2019 11:36AM
I wish YouTube let one download in 4K.

Both ClipGrab and I only see 1080.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: rz
Date: December 05, 2019 02:15PM
RAMd®d
I wish YouTube let one download in 4K.

Both ClipGrab and I only see 1080.

If anyone figures out how to download it in 4K, please let us know!
Posted by: JoeM
Date: December 05, 2019 02:26PM
One of my favs! Thank you!

JoeM
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 05, 2019 03:46PM
Very nice! thumbs up +++++++++++++

"Sadly this was to be the very last performance ever by Keith Moon."

Indeed.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 05, 2019 04:29PM
mrbigstuff
... (Don't think that was the actual on-record recording of Who Are You, sounded slightly different.)

Nope, that promo performance was looser, less “perfect” and just this side of unhinged. Wonderful.
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: December 05, 2019 07:14PM
Gave me goosebumps! Hope they release this entire performance on BlueRay!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: wurm
Date: December 05, 2019 08:12PM
If I'm not mistaken, these are the performances you see if you search YouTube for Entwistle's isolated bass tracks. That's a treat in and of itself. Unbelievable.
Posted by: hal
Date: December 05, 2019 08:30PM
wurm
If I'm not mistaken, these are the performances you see if you search YouTube for Entwistle's isolated bass tracks. That's a treat in and of itself. Unbelievable.

I think you're right. I love listening to those.

On a similar note, I saw on YT and ENTIRE Dead concert with Bob Weir's rhythm guitar track isolated. FOR 2 1/2 HOURS. I listened to a bit - it was silly. It was impossible to know where you were in any of the songs. Loved the comment, "I can't wait to bore my wife with this later. Thanks for posting."
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 05, 2019 11:07PM
deckeda
mrbigstuff
... (Don't think that was the actual on-record recording of Who Are You, sounded slightly different.)

Nope, that promo performance was looser, less “perfect” and just this side of unhinged. Wonderful.

Agreed. Just listen to the line, "and the breeeeeze blew back my hair!"
Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 06, 2019 09:29AM
killer band. Looks incredible.
I wonder if Pete still has his original hips.
Too bad it doesn't sound like it was either multi-tracked and thus remixed by Glyn.
And that Moonie wasn't playing a double headed kit.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: December 07, 2019 07:35AM
jardster
Is that Duck tape holding on Keith Moon's headphones?!

Yep. He sweated inordinately while performing causing the 'phones to slip off.
No 'phones meant no click track to hear, thus the duct tape.
iirc, he tried all sorts of devices/tapes but nothing worked as well as the DT.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018