advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PSA: Even older vehicle airbags are now dangerous
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 05, 2019 09:26AM
Takata continues to attack from beyond bankruptcy.... Some '99-'01 Beemers are now considered Claymore mines...

[www.consumerreports.org]

BMW announced that it's recalling over 116,000 vehicles from the 1999 through 2001 model years, including certain 1999-2001 323i, 325i, 328i, and 330i and 2000-2001 323Ci, 325Ci, 328Ci, 330Ci, 323iT, and 325iT sedans, coupes, and wagons.

In an email, Chris Martin, a Honda spokesman, told CR that Honda is currently analyzing data involving airbag inflators for 1996 through 2000 model year Acura and Honda vehicles. “It is too early in this process to draw any conclusions or to provide further model details,” he wrote.

[www.nhtsa.gov]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PSA: Even older vehicle airbags are now dangerous
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 05, 2019 09:37AM
At this rate, they might as well replace everything.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Carm
Date: December 05, 2019 11:48AM
I was just glad my 1998 Ford Truck didn’t have issues when I had my accident in 2012. Airbags went off.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 05, 2019 12:19PM
.....so this applies to men too......the older they get....the more dangerous.....?????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 05, 2019 01:00PM
nothing I haven't been saying here for years, and even before here, back in the MotherLand.

The moment Takata changed the original propellant formula, it became less stable, and even more so with every passing month that puck sits in a vehicle.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: December 05, 2019 01:28PM
Racer X
Nothing I haven't been saying here for years, and even before here, back in the MotherLand.

The moment Takata changed the original propellant formula, it became less stable, and even more so with every passing month that puck sits in a vehicle.

Yes!

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

Stop and think about this: If you're able to shout the words "I CAN'T BREATHE!!!" at considerable volume, then you have just proven to anyone listening that you can indeed breathe.

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020