Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Received my Photoshop one-year plan today: 1 year @ $7/Month
Posted by: steve...
Date: December 06, 2019 09:59PM
Better than $10/month.

The download code extended my current plan for another year. I'm good through April 2021. thumbs up

Previous Thread

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Received my Photoshop one-year plan today: 1 year @ $7/Month
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 06, 2019 10:24PM
Think the full CC suite is $30 right now too, at least for a year.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 06, 2019 10:36PM
I wonder how much Adobe paid Apple to end 32-but app support. CS3 is still sufficient to cover our use of Photoshop. Why should I start paying monthly when a 10 year old software is more than what I need?

Will be looking for 64 bit alternatives, not going to pay monthly just because.
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 07, 2019 12:29AM
sekker
I wonder how much Adobe paid Apple to end 32-but app support. CS3 is still sufficient to cover our use of Photoshop. Why should I start paying monthly when a 10 year old software is more than what I need?

Affinity.

I actually got some Affintity publisher files from a designer earlier this week.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 07, 2019 07:36AM
jdc
sekker

Affinity.

I actually got some Affintity publisher files from a designer earlier this week.

Thanks
Posted by: datbeme
Date: December 07, 2019 09:14AM
I took advantage of that too. Hopefully I can save the code for later. I tried canceling immediately after placing my order but it still went through. Lenovo's status reporting was pretty messed up, so I was surprised to receive the code yesterday.

Even though I decided to swear off the rest of the Adobe Collection, I happen to qualify for EDU right now, so $191 for the year was hard to pass up for the full version of CC. But since the photography plan isn't stackable on the full CC plan, I'll have to wait a year to redeem the code. Hope it will still work.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 07, 2019 10:01AM
I got an Affinity Publisher license from their Thanksgiving sale.

Haven't installed it yet. I'm still using ID CS5.

I have Pixelmator and it's frustrating to use sometimes. I have Photoshop-reflexes. ...But I was on PS 2020 recently and discovered that my Photoshop-reflexes betray me in that software, too. My PS skills were honed on earlier versions. With each iteration of the CC suite, they've made dumb interface changes that unnecessarily complicate it and obscure the most common operations. They've messed with the shortcuts and the tool palette so much that the app is nearly unrecognizable. In CC 2020 Adobe finally managed to break every time-saving keystroke that I use and they've moved every tool into just the right place on the palette to make it a PITA to select it. (Seriously: WTF happened to "b" for "brush" ...? It looks like the shortcut is still there, but it doesn't do anything.)

I'll be replacing my laptop some time in the next few months and I'm going to try going Adobe and Microsoft-free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 10:04AM by Sarcany.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 07, 2019 01:07PM
Sarcany

I have Pixelmator and it's frustrating to use sometimes. I have Photoshop-reflexes. ...

I made a post some time ago about this. Why don't the competitors use the same keyboard combos? I have Pixelmator and Photoshop Elements. Guess which I use more often?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: JoeM
Date: December 07, 2019 01:57PM
I have a number of photo editing apps including Affinity Photo, On1 Photo RAW, Aurora HDR, several versions of Luminar and Portrait Professional Pro. That said Photoshop CS 6 is still my main go to, with the others all used as plugins in it. I expect to pick up Photoshop CC again as soon as the new Mac is purchased, probably in the beginning of the year.

JoeM
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: December 07, 2019 04:33PM
I've been lucky enough to have use of Photoshop in its various forms for years, but have been falling behind so when Photoshop Elements 2020 became available the other day for $58 (which included an $10 Amazon GC), I purchased it. It has most--if not all--the features I want to use.

bunny smileyCentral VA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018