advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
BoobTube Tonight?!.....'All in the Family'/'Good Times' -> Live in front of a studio audience....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 18, 2019 07:13AM
......another Norman Lear 'Live in front of a studio audience'.....'All in the Family' and 'Good Times'......on ABC......

......the last one did well, ratings wise so of course, the will continue to do it....

.....3:00 AM on Spectrum
Mad About You
Limited series finale (last six episodes): Guest stars include Seinfeld’s Jason Alexander (as himself) and Watchmen’s Jean Smart (as an eccentric lifestyle guru/podcaster).

3:00 AM on Netflix
Soundtrack
Series premiere (all 10 episodes): From EP Joshua Safran (Quantico) comes this musical drama about the love stories that connect a diverse group of Los Angelenos; Callie Hernandez (Graves), Paul James (The Path), Jenna Dewan (Witches of East End), Campbell Scott (House of Cards) and Madeleine Stowe (Revenge) star.

3:00 AM on Disney+
The Mandalorian
Early release: In Season 1’s penultimate episode, an old rival extends an invitation to Mando; Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad) guest-stars. (Plus, get a sneak peek at Rise of Skywalker.)

8:00 PM on ABC
Live in Front of a Studio Audience
90 minutes: First up, it’s an episode of All in the Family (starring Woody Harrelson, Marisa Tomei, Ellie Kemper, Ike Barinholtz, Kevin Bacon, Jesse Eisenberg and Justina Machado), followed by an episode of Good Times (starring Viola Davis, Andre Braugher, Jay Pharaoh, Tiffany Haddish, Asante Blackk, Corinne Foxx and Jharrel Jerome). (black-ish’s Good Times homage, which first aired in 2016, follows at 9:30.)

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 08:45AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: BoobTube Tonight?!.....'All in the Family'/'Good Times' Live in front of a studio audience....
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: December 18, 2019 08:18AM
I set my Tivo. Thanks!
I don't know if it's going to be really good or like watching a train wreck. I can't look away.

bunny smileyCentral VA
Re: BoobTube Tonight?!.....'All in the Family'/'Good Times' Live in front of a studio audience....
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: December 18, 2019 08:36AM
The All In The Family/The Jeffersons presentation (which I watched via Hulu) was really enjoyable.

I think Harrelson is overdoing it as Archie (almost a pantomime of Archie's character); Marissa Tomei did great as Edith. Jamie Foxx, despite a goof in the All In The Family sequence, was spot-on as Sherman Hemsley, even though he's a good bit taller than him (so a couple of short jokes seemed odd). Really liked Wanda Sykes as Louise, too. Everyone was good.

And the sets; that was amazing. Almost precise, perfect replicas.

The singer who performed The Jeffersons theme was absolutely fantastic. And the surprise guest at the end of that episode was a nice touch.

As a child of the 70s, these shows are ingrained into my mind; I'm happy to see a revival. Haven't seen an episode of The Jeffersons in ages, but I have the initial seasons of All in the Family. (I kind of stop watching with the episode when Mike & Gloria leave for CA.)

Everyone needs some Uplifting News: [www.reddit.com]

BTW, it's spelled y'all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 08:38AM by Zoidberg.
Re: BoobTube Tonight?!.....'All in the Family'/'Good Times' -> Live in front of a studio audience....
Posted by: vicrock
Date: December 18, 2019 09:50AM
I watched the first when it aired - thought the Jeffersons portion was better than All in the Family - agree with Zoidberg's assessment of the particulars
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 196
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018