advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mac design software for planning addition to house?
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: January 04, 2020 02:42PM
Can you recommend a program where I can play around with my house to plan an addition and/or renovation? Something that is intuitive, without a steep learning curve? And not too expensive?

bunny smileyCentral VA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mac design software for planning addition to house?
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 04, 2020 03:46PM
For floor plans, I like sweethome3d.com. Pretty darn good for free. I used to layout my workshop and still used it to check changes, saving me the trouble of moving 200 lb+ machines and workbenches around.

Posted by: pqrst
Date: January 04, 2020 04:43PM
Sketchup the free online version.
Date: January 04, 2020 06:09PM
I've tried Sketchup in the past and didn't get the hang of it or something. I appreciate the suggestion, though, pqrst.
I just tried Sweet Home 3D and did a quick mock up as a trial run. I can work with this! So much so that I ponied up the $14 for the paid version. Thanks, lost in space! grinning smiley

bunny smileyCentral VA
Posted by: BobC
Date: January 05, 2020 10:47AM
Sweet Home 3D is what I used to plan out a kitchen & basement remodel. I only did the rough, "hmm, how about this cabinet arrangement, or this one?", but didn't try to create something exact enough for the builder to use directly. It had lots of great options and was pretty easy to learn.
Date: January 05, 2020 11:38AM
BobC
Sweet Home 3D is what I used to plan out a kitchen & basement remodel. I only did the rough, "hmm, how about this cabinet arrangement, or this one?", but didn't try to create something exact enough for the builder to use directly. It had lots of great options and was pretty easy to learn.

Yes! That's exactly what I want.
Just enough to play around with and get a rough idea. It's up to the architect or whoever to get it down to the fraction of an inch.

bunny smileyCentral VA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018