advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Do you like scented garbage bags?
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: January 12, 2020 01:12PM
i found out it's a thing when i accidentally bought a jumbo box of them for the kitchen. Sorta freaking me out from an american weirdness standpoint?

i mean..given the existence of very damaging feminine hygiene products and mens ball cleaning machines, is America on the path to do away with all organic odor?

this is a deep state

thing
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Do you like scented garbage bags?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 12, 2020 02:01PM
I tried some once. They nearly made me puke when I opened the box. One bag alone wasn't too bad, so I kept the box in the garage until I was done with them.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2020 02:03PM
....if it smells like teen spirit......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 12, 2020 02:26PM
Hate.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 12, 2020 03:18PM
I can take or leave them. My wife loves them. I'm still looking for original "hospital scent" lysol!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Pam
Date: January 12, 2020 03:24PM
NO!!!!! Heck even the unscented stink.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 12, 2020 03:41PM
I hate scented garbage bags.
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 12, 2020 04:07PM
Hate, and they can trigger allergies for my wife.
Date: January 12, 2020 04:20PM
.....this is all just non....scents......

Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: January 12, 2020 04:41PM
Rolando
I can take or leave them. My wife loves them.

I'm not opposed to the concept, but all the scented garbage bags I've smelled were worse smelling than any garbage I generate, so a big ol' "NO!" on execution of said concept thus far. When/if they introduce Lemon/Citrus or Baking scents (this should be a no-brainer since most people have their garbage can in the kitchen), then I'm interested.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Date: January 12, 2020 07:45PM
If you think scented garbage bags are bad....

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: January 12, 2020 07:46PM
Rolando

Date: January 12, 2020 07:49PM
....scented with the scent......of a woman.....???

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: January 12, 2020 08:29PM
Can't stand them.

Grateful11
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: January 12, 2020 08:34PM
Rolando

First off, not just no but hell no.

Secondly, adding insult to injury... lavender? barf smiley

I'd have thought a rose scent would have been the more obvious choice.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 08:34PM by Thrift Store Scott.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 12, 2020 11:30PM
The scent is only really bad when you first pull them out of the box, so I can prepare myself and tolerate them, but I still prefer unscented.

Posted by: BernDog
Date: January 13, 2020 08:59AM
I hate:

Air fresheners
Air freshener spray
Scented candles
Diffusers
Potpourri
Perfume
Cologne
Scented toilet paper
Scented lock lube
Scented trash bags
Scented underwear

Natural scents from nature are good: flowers, pine, smoky campfire, herbs and spices. Man-made scents created naturally from cooking are wonderful: chocolate chip cookies, barbecue. Only from the source, though. I do accept some incense, but that’s as far as I’ll go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 09:00AM by BernDog.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: January 13, 2020 09:16AM
BernDog
I hate:

Air fresheners
Air freshener spray
Scented candles
Diffusers
Potpourri
Perfume
Cologne
Scented toilet paper
Scented lock lube
Scented trash bags
Scented underwear

Natural scents from nature are good: flowers, pine, smoky campfire, herbs and spices. Man-made scents created naturally from cooking are wonderful: chocolate chip cookies, barbecue. Only from the source, though. I do accept some incense, but that’s as far as I’ll go.

agreed most all counts.. except I can't really handle pine unless it's fresh, real and in reasonable atio with the room im in...jack pine smoke on my clothes when im camping...ok until i hit civilization..then's it's horrifying..

But..I love expensive, tasteful /thoughfully designed high quality perfume on a Woman in the right amount..im GOOD or even great with that..expensive goes with the turf on this topic..
Posted by: mikebw
Date: January 13, 2020 10:20AM
No good. I like to know when my trash stinks so I can take it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 234
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018