advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
NFL Football Talk (Spoilers)
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 12, 2020 03:00PM
Texans jump all over KC. Just like the Raven's loss, I was not expecting this.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NFL Football Talk (Spoilers)
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 12, 2020 03:08PM
We'll see if they can either amp it up or hold on.
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 12, 2020 03:18PM
Apparently, KC doesn't plan to roll over… they are back in business - again. Unbelievable sequence here in Q2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 03:21PM by bfd.
Date: January 12, 2020 03:30PM
bfd
Apparently, KC doesn't plan to roll over… they are back in business - again. Unbelievable sequence here in Q2.

When I posted, it was 24-0.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: bfd
Date: January 12, 2020 03:46PM
pRICE cUBE
bfd

When I posted, it was 24-0.

That didn't last long, did it - LOL and Holy Cow!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 03:53PM by bfd.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: January 12, 2020 04:12PM
Someone complained about boring games yesterday…

Well, here ya go!

=wr=
Date: January 12, 2020 05:24PM
Actual sideline reaction from the Texans:

Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 12, 2020 06:29PM
So the Dallas Texans beat the Houston Texans, would that make this some sort of fratricide?
Date: January 12, 2020 06:52PM
RgrF
So the Dallas Texans beat the Houston Texans, would that make this some sort of fratricide?

Cowboys weren’t consistent enough to go far so I tip my hat to the Texans.

Strange to be up so much on a team and then lose by so much. What happens to their defense?

Date: January 12, 2020 06:59PM
Patrick Mahomes happened.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 12, 2020 07:56PM
Dont ask Houston Fans about choking out a big lead:

Oilers choke to Buffalo

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: January 12, 2020 09:12PM
Seahawks annoy rally against Green Bay.

I predict:
49ers will beat Packers
Chefs will beat Titans

Posted by: vision63
Date: January 12, 2020 09:12PM
Oh, it was a most amazing game. The Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. The Giants triumphed by kicking a pigskin ball through a big "H". A most ripping victory.
Date: January 12, 2020 10:35PM
KC looks unstoppable, the Titans should be quaking in their shoes. I'm sure the Titans heard that about the Ravens too. That game will be very good or very bad.

Green Bay vs San Fran should be a nice tight game.

I'm calling my shot: KC vs Green Bay. Fight me!

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 12, 2020 10:49PM
Rolando
I'm calling my shot: KC vs Green Bay. Fight me!

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Don C
Date: January 12, 2020 11:51PM
I was at Kansas State Univ in grad school at the time of the first Super Bowl. I was a Packer fan in a "hostile" environment. On a final exam in one of my psychology classes, one of the questions (extra credit) asked us to define Stacked Defense. Most of us did our best to write something credible, knowing full well that we did not know what it was.

The answer, was that Stacked Defense was the strategy KC was going to use to contain Bart Starr. It worked as well as our meager efforts to explain it.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 13, 2020 02:40AM
I'm not much of a football fan and therefore not very knowledgeable about strategy, but shy would Seattle punt on fourth down with 3 minutes left where a td could win the game....?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: January 13, 2020 02:57AM
mrbigstuff
I'm not much of a football fan and therefore not very knowledgeable about strategy, but shy would Seattle punt on fourth down with 3 minutes left where a td could win the game....?

Statistically speaking, it's the money play.

The last 3 minutes of an NFL game are like the last minute of an NBA game.

Well, maybe not quite that bad.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: January 13, 2020 10:21AM

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Date: January 13, 2020 10:25AM
Andy will have to get past Mike Vrable first, something neither Bill Blichick nor John Harbaugh managed.
Date: January 13, 2020 10:37AM
Ravens shouldn’t have rested their guys so darn long. They had no flow, no rhythm, and no fight. I don’t see KC off to another slow start. They got punched a few times and went haywire.

Date: January 13, 2020 01:35PM
freeradical
mrbigstuff

Statistically speaking, it's the money play.

The last 3 minutes of an NFL game are like the last minute of an NBA game.

Well, maybe not quite that bad.

I don't think those stats account for a QB like Rogers. I would have gone for it as well. The Packers had been making third and longs pretty consistently.If you think your Defense can stop him, then going for it on fourth is a good play.

Posted by: pdq
Date: January 13, 2020 08:16PM
MrNoBody

I'm personally favoring the NFC. If I had to guess now, I'd guess Green Bay. I'm not sure about Mahomes or Garoppolo in a really big game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 248
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018