advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
THANK YOU for not spoiling NFL for me y'all
Posted by: hal
Date: January 12, 2020 03:32PM
I've finally found a way to enjoy the NFL - watch a recorded copy of the game and skip through all the dead time. I get all the action and none of the ENDLESS babble & commercials.

But I have to be careful where I go on the net. So far, I have not been spoiled once coming to this forum (started watching about 1/2 way into the season.)

Sittin down to watch saturday's games in a bit

THANKS!!!!!!!!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: THANK YOU for not spoiling NFL for me y'all
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 12, 2020 03:57PM
And the winners from yesterday were...

M R F !
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 12, 2020 04:00PM
The stinker in me now wants to post results in a new topic. boink smiley

Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 12, 2020 04:01PM
Here’s a spoiler for you: yesterday was spoiled for me because my team lost!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Date: January 12, 2020 04:12PM
pRICE cUBE

I know it's hard to resist, but I trusted you when I posted :-)
Posted by: Billybob
Date: January 12, 2020 04:23PM
hal
I've finally found a way to enjoy the NFL - watch a recorded copy of the game and skip through all the dead time. I get all the action and none of the ENDLESS babble & commercials.

But I have to be careful where I go on the net. So far, I have not been spoiled once coming to this forum (started watching about 1/2 way into the season.)

Sittin down to watch saturday's games in a bit

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Interesting.

What's your setup? I've been using the DVR function in Playstation Vue to do much the same. However, PS Vue is going away at the end of the month, so I need a replacement.

Are you DVRing regular cable or what?
Date: January 12, 2020 04:33PM
No - I'm going the thoroughly illicit route.

I searched and found a web page that hosts these games. It wasn't hard to find.

The games are posted minus commercials (usually). I watch (on a TV connected to a mac mini) with a pinkie on the right arrow key. Each press of the arrow key advances 5 seconds. The play ends, hammer the right arrow 6 times, the next play begins. Touch down! Hammer that key to get by the replays, the boring extra point, the commercials, the kickoff (that is never run back anymore I noticed), the next round of commercials etc...

It makes the game watchable to me. The game is UNWATCHABLE otherwise imo.

Really... I'm just riding on the 49er bandwagon. I'll probably get bored when they are no good again.
Date: January 12, 2020 05:22PM
hal
pRICE cUBE

Even more tempted now.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2020 05:29PM
.....to the victor......goes the spoils......????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: January 12, 2020 06:07PM
pRICE cUBE
hal
pRICE cUBE

Even more tempted now.

then you truly are a stinker!

:-)

GAME ON!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 12, 2020 06:11PM
The quarterback did it, in the man cave, with the Heisman trophy!

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 12, 2020 06:36PM
hal

If you should forget to record, the NFL channel does it for you. They usually begin a day or two after games are played. A three hour broadcast becomes a one hour replay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 06:38PM by RgrF.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 12, 2020 07:11PM
hal

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Was out all day Saturday, thats how I watched both games in 2 hours!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: January 12, 2020 07:51PM
The result was...

Posted by: Don C
Date: January 12, 2020 11:44PM
I record many games on the Spectrum DVR and watch later. The problem is that if the start of the game runs late (OT in the earlier game) the recording starts with that OT, using up valuable recording minutes.

Usually I add one hour to the end of the setting to help with late starts and OT in my game but it is not a perfect fix. I recorded the Packer/Seahawks game tonight and did not add the extra hour and the recording stopped with about 3 minutes of game time left to go. The outcome was very much in doubt so I missed the excitement at the end.

I wish the DVR setup was smart enough to know when the requested game actually starts and when it actually ends and adjusts accordingly.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: January 13, 2020 11:25AM
Took a look at my YouTube TV recording of Saturday’s 49er game. It does seem one can scroll through commercials. Maybe not as easily as Hal’s right arrow dance but pretty easy.

=wr=
Date: January 13, 2020 02:58PM
right arrow key on youtube advances 5sec also, but isn't very responsive.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: January 14, 2020 11:32AM
RgrF
hal

If you should forget to record, the NFL channel does it for you. They usually begin a day or two after games are played. A three hour broadcast becomes a one hour replay.

This is what I did with the MLB channel back when I still cared at least a little bit about sports.

Even better was that they would have a summary video of every game that only had the key plays. You could watch the results of every game that was played in one day in about 15-20 minutes.

Perfect
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 271
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018