advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
help syncing brave browser bookmarks from macbook to ipad
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: January 12, 2020 03:41PM
i’m using brave browser v. 1.1.23 on the macbook pro and v. 1.14.2 on a recent model ipad pro.

on the macbook, after opening the brave settings and going to sync > add new device > choose device type > phone/tablet, i get a window saying, "Sync Chain QR Code [...] On your mobile device, navigate to Brave Sync in the Settings panel and click the button 'Scan Sync Code'. Use your camera to scan the QR Code below.”

however, in the brave settings on the ipad i don’t have a “scan sync code” button. instead, when i got to brave settings on the ipad > sync > add a device > choose device type > computer, i get a sync code and an instruction to tap the “i have a sync code” button on the MacBook. the problem is that the sync settings on the macbook don’t have an “i have a sync code” button.

in brief, the macbook is telling me to sync using the sync chain qr code and the ipad is telling me to sync using the 20-odd word sync code. apples and oranges. grrrrr.

i’ll appreciate any assistance. tia.

btw, i've been very happy with the brave browser. here's a link to leo laporte’s show from about a year ago in which he says he’s using brave on all his devices.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: help syncing brave browser bookmarks from macbook to ipad
Posted by: hal
Date: January 12, 2020 04:17PM
Someone rec'd Brave here and I am using it as my main browser, but I've noticed some bugs here and there. It cracks me up that when I right-click on a word or phrase to 'Search Google for...' it opens a new tab, but then closes it immediately because of the link-hopping that ensues.

I would send a note to the developers - I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that it's all on them and not at all on you.
Re: help syncing brave browser bookmarks from macbook to ipad
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 12, 2020 07:41PM
Switch to Chrome or Safari and sign in on both. Flawless experience syncing.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 273
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018