advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Google Maps on iPad volume?
Posted by: Dik2
Date: January 14, 2020 07:43AM
I'm using Google Maps on my iPad in the car and can't figure out how to increase the volume. The buttons on the iPad seem to only control ringer volume when using Google maps.
Help much appreciated.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Google Maps on iPad volume?
Date: January 14, 2020 08:22AM
I looked in Settings, found Sound, turned off "use buttons for ringer and alerts". Hope that makes the volume buttons work.
Posted by: Carm
Date: January 14, 2020 08:48AM
Pull down control panel from top right. Move volume bar to highest level.
Posted by: tenders
Date: January 14, 2020 10:37AM
Aha. The iPad/iPhone has volume settings for multiple modes of operation, and you are adjusting the volume when it is in “ringer” mode, which is most of the time - even when the Google Maps app is running.

The trick is to adjust the volume while Google Maps is speaking directions to you. So put in a bogus destination, click “start,” and during those few seconds while the voice is telling you where to go, adjust the volume.

Many Bothans died to bring us this information. I do not understand how people are supposed to figure this out.
Date: January 14, 2020 11:20AM
Thanks volume buttons working
Date: January 14, 2020 11:43AM
Oh, I learned something today, thank you. When that “use buttons for ringer and alerts” option is turned OFF in Settings > Sound, the side buttons work for Google Maps whenever the app is running. When it is turned ON, which is the case with my phone, the side buttons only work for the frontmost app when it’s generating sound.

Very interesting. But now with that option OFF, if your phone rings in church you either have to flip the tiny “silent” button on the side of the phone, or you’re going straight to h311. Hmmm. I may prefer the ON behavior.
Date: January 14, 2020 02:16PM
Tenders, do not disturb mode would work better at church. Again, pull down from top right, control center and click on the moon.
Date: January 15, 2020 04:11PM
Carm
Tenders, do not disturb mode would work better at church. Again, pull down from top right, control center and click on the moon.

But then I would have to remember to activate the moon. Don’t tell ME how to worship. Just don’t.

[www.youtube.com]
Date: January 15, 2020 10:16PM
tenders
Carm

But then I would have to remember to activate the moon. Don’t tell ME how to worship. Just don’t.

[www.youtube.com]
smiley-laughing001
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 291
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018