Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
10 million more Takata airbag recalls
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 15, 2020 08:10AM
[www.news-leader.com]

Takata is recalling 10 million more front air bag inflators sold to 14 different automakers because they can explode with too much force and hurl shrapnel.

The recall is the last one the bankrupt company agreed to in a 2015 settlement with the U.S. safety regulators. It could bring to a close the largest series of automotive recalls in U.S. history.

The 10 million inflators are part of the approximately 70 million in the U.S. that Takata was to recall as part of the agreement with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Vehicles made by Audi, BMW, Honda, Daimler Vans, Fiat Chrysler, Ferrari, Ford, General Motors, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen are affected.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 10 million more Takata airbag recalls
Posted by: DP
Date: January 15, 2020 08:47AM
How the business name Takata is still extant surprises me. I wonder if anyone not associated with the company but has the surname Takata has or is planning to change their name... OK, a bit tongue-in-cheek but this company has such a terrible reputation that it wouldn't surprise me.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 15, 2020 08:52AM
DP
How the business name Takata is still extant surprises me. I wonder if anyone not associated with the company but has the surname Takata has or is planning to change their name... OK, a bit tongue-in-cheek but this company has such a terrible reputation that it wouldn't surprise me.

Since the company was sold to a Chinese conglomerate in 2017, there shouldn't be a problem with rebranding. smiley12

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 15, 2020 09:24AM
rjmacs
DP

Since the company was sold to a Chinese conglomerate in 2017, there shouldn't be a problem with rebranding. smiley12

Takata fireworks ?
Takata Claymore Mines ?
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: January 15, 2020 09:33AM
I used to make the dust covers that prevented debris from getting into the canisters for both Autoliv and Takata. I can't say anything about Takata's final product, but I can tell you that their barcoding requirements were ridiculous. It cost us almost $3000 to get a box label approved for use by them. It was just stupid complicated.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 15, 2020 10:17AM
I wonder if it would be easier to just say "All Takata airbags, regardless of make and model, made before 2019 should be considered defective and replaced, here are aftermarket manufacturers certified to make and install replacements... here is your $0.28 class action check, the rest is up to you".

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 15, 2020 01:41PM
not saying anything, you have all been hearing it from me for years.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 15, 2020 02:11PM
Racer X
not saying anything, you have all been hearing it from me for years.

What, to always wear your safety glasses when you drive? grinning smiley

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 15, 2020 03:41PM
QQQ

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: mikebw
Date: January 16, 2020 01:15PM
How many more could there be?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 17, 2020 01:31AM
All of them? Essentially any they made after they modified their propellant puck formulation and shaping processes from the original patent holders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2020 01:32AM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 216
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020