advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Antonio Brown continues his return to NFL via charm offensive by live-streaming expletive-filled domestic incident involving police
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 15, 2020 08:28AM
[www.complex.com]

The troublesome athlete took to Instagram Live to show his followers an intense scene involving the police outside of his home. The police were there at the request of one of Brown's baby mothers, who asked for their presence while she picked up some clothes from his house, TMZ reports. No arrests were made.

Someone in the background tells the athlete to "take that off," likely referring to the livestream.

In the video, we can see Brown talking to a police officer about what seems to be a domestic situation. He appeared to be complaining to the cop about an unknown woman driving his car and letting her into his house. "She's blocked at the gate and you keep letting her in," Brown told the officer in the video. "F-—ing police don't help nobody. F-— the police." TMZ reports that the woman involved was likely Chelsie Kyriss, who gave birth to three of AB's children.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 09:55AM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Antonio Brown continues his return to NFL charm offensive by live-streaming expletive-filled domestic incident involving police
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: January 15, 2020 08:43AM
Hollywood, FL police must be getting really tired of his antics.
TMZ

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Re: Antonio Brown continues his return to NFL charm offensive by live-streaming expletive-filled domestic incident involving police
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 15, 2020 08:46AM
No matter how much money he's earned, or fame, or locked gates, I suspect that one thing in Antonio Brown's life hasn't changed no matter what he's done. White guys in uniforms have always felt entitled to come into his space and tell him what to do, with impunity.

Now everyone can continue pillorying him for being a badly behaved athlete.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 15, 2020 09:09AM
I suspect he has mental problems. Gawking isn’t good for anyone.

Posted by: Acer
Date: January 15, 2020 09:19AM
My completely unqualified and unsolicited armchair analysis:

One of the bromides that sports offers to justify itself is the opportunity to build character in young people. Here's a man with extreme athletic talent. No one coached him on character because who needs to waste his time on that when he has so much talent! (Perhaps he even thought that of himself and resisted coaching in that area.) And with so much talent, no one wanted to upset the money cart by challenging him with character goals.

So, he finds fame and fortune as an adult, but he still has the emotional quotient of a teen.

I'm not a psychologist, but I play one on MRF.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 09:22AM by Acer.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 15, 2020 09:38AM
Acer
..So, he finds fame and fortune as an adult, but he still has the emotional quotient of a teen.
agree smiley
Also add the cumulative effect of regular brain injuries, which often result in a symptom called "Emotional lability" (I deal with this daily). I explain it this way:

You spend your childhood learning to control your emotions and impulses. Progressive brain injuries turn your adult brain back into that of an emotional toddler, and you have to learn that stuff all over again. And it's HARD.
Re: Antonio Brown continues his return to NFL via charm offensive by live-streaming expletive-filled domestic incident involving police
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 15, 2020 04:04PM
The police were there at the request of one of Brown's baby mothers, who asked for their presence while she picked up some clothes from his house,

In CA, that's called a 'civil standby'. The police are there to see no violence befalls either party.

White guys in uniforms have always felt entitled to come into his space and tell him what to do, with impunity.

Interesting allegation.

And depending on AB's actions that prompted the alleged invasion, they may be justified and entitled.

Now everyone can continue pillorying him for being a badly behaved athlete.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Also add the cumulative effect of regular brain injuries..

While I understand that brain damage can occur, is there any proof that he's suffered brain damage and that his behavior is a result of it?

My guess is the behavior everyone is complaining about (I don't follow football, so I'm not aware of the drama) precedes or was evident long before any brain damage that may have occurred.

But maybe some know him from earlier days and know that not to be true.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 188
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018