Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
F/U to using Wyze cam to record an event
Posted by: DP
Date: January 20, 2020 04:38PM
Re: [forums.macresource.com]

I did the test on the iPhone5 today and then later I did a repeat at home out my front window to just get the procedure down right. I downloaded the tests on to my computer and noticed that, while the still image on the screen is sharp, once I started the running the video, it looks slightly out of focus while the video is playing back.

OK, now what? Has anyone done a lot of Time Lapse recording? The result is exactly as I want, but the effect of being unsharp is not.

Any ideas? It's probably something dumb on my end...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: F/U to using Wyze cam to record an event
Posted by: Carm
Date: January 20, 2020 04:45PM
Try iMotion app on iPhone.
iMotion by Fingerlab [apps.apple.com]
It takes pictures at high resolution. More flexibility

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2020 04:47PM by Carm.
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 20, 2020 05:28PM
you can select an area on iPhone and have it focus on that. you can also do exposure compensation. Once you touch a part of the image and a square shows up, drag up/down for exposure compensation. And that square should stay in focus.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: January 20, 2020 06:22PM
I use an SD card. I pull the SD card out and open it up on the computer.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 20, 2020 07:40PM
....I second that.....iMotion.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: January 20, 2020 07:41PM
Bernie
I use an SD card. I pull the SD card out and open it up on the computer.

grinning smiley

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 20, 2020 08:20PM
....thanks for giving us all the big....F/U........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 20, 2020 08:21PM
you have thoroughly cleaned the lens?

The lens can get mucked up with finger grease and pocket grime that doesn't easily wipe away. The IP5 camera also doesn't look great if you are used to looking at 7, 8's or X's

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 21, 2020 05:56AM
Do you have the camera set to HD mode? I see 3 quality settings on mine, HD, SD and 360P. The upper left corner of the live stream window shows the selected setting, pressing on it brings up the choices.
Date: January 21, 2020 06:06AM
Lens is clean and I have borrowed a GoPro 5 to use also.

This came on very fast and everyone assumed I know video shooting and have the world's best video equipment, etc. I've had to scramble to arrange this and it also happened to coincide with my taking my 93yo Aunt to a doc appointment. So I've had to organize and test my devices, which I did yesterday, in a building with no heat and it's very cold in there, making sure the camera will be OK in that cold. I'll have to leave them in there, with construction crews demolishing parts of the building, then go take my Aunt to the doc, then get back to collect the devices, hopefully nothing damaged, and maybe do it all again tomorrow! Whew! Oh, and I have to be there in an hour...

Thx, all, for the help!

Posted by: macphanatic
Date: January 21, 2020 12:48PM
DP
Lens is clean and I have borrowed a GoPro 5 to use also.

This came on very fast and everyone assumed I know video shooting and have the world's best video equipment, etc. I've had to scramble to arrange this and it also happened to coincide with my taking my 93yo Aunt to a doc appointment. So I've had to organize and test my devices, which I did yesterday, in a building with no heat and it's very cold in there, making sure the camera will be OK in that cold. I'll have to leave them in there, with construction crews demolishing parts of the building, then go take my Aunt to the doc, then get back to collect the devices, hopefully nothing damaged, and maybe do it all again tomorrow! Whew! Oh, and I have to be there in an hour...

Thx, all, for the help!

GoPro will most likely need a secondary power source. Batteries tend to only last for about an hour when doing video. Not sure how long they go if doing time-lapse.
Date: January 21, 2020 01:32PM
Yes, GoPro needs power cord.
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 21, 2020 03:42PM
Wyze also needs power, I don't think Power is his issue.
Date: January 21, 2020 07:23PM
Rigged a power cord to the GP and the 5 and got good results. Both worked right thru the cold and I was surprised to see the iPhone video looked sharp(er) than yesterday's test.

I downloaded the GP5 manual as the time is off. The friend I've borrowed it from bought it a year ago for a project and hasn't even charged it in a year! I have downloaded a firmware upgrade and maybe connecting to my iMac will set the time-because, I can't find anywhere in the manual that shows how to set the time! It shows the date I shot the video as Jan 2, 2015...

Posted by: Bo
Date: January 21, 2020 11:43PM
DP
Rigged a power cord to the GP and the 5 and got good results. Both worked right thru the cold and I was surprised to see the iPhone video looked sharp(er) than yesterday's test.

I downloaded the GP5 manual as the time is off. The friend I've borrowed it from bought it a year ago for a project and hasn't even charged it in a year! I have downloaded a firmware upgrade and maybe connecting to my iMac will set the time-because, I can't find anywhere in the manual that shows how to set the time! It shows the date I shot the video as Jan 2, 2015...

Glad my suggestion of using the iPhone 5 directly worked out!

Not sure about setting the date on the GP. This from the manual but not super helpful:

DATE AND TIME
The date and time are automatically updated when you connect your
camera to the Capture app or Quik for desktop. However, you can manually
change these settings, if needed.
Note: If the battery is removed from the camera for an extended period of time, you
must reset the date and time (automatically or manually).
Date: January 22, 2020 07:28AM
Bo-OK, I did find the paragraph in the manual in PDF form from GoPro for the Hero 5 Black for setting the date and time. It's under, Customizing Your GoPro!

Also the GP doesn't come with it's own AC charger but it does say to use a 5V 1A charger. Gee, what company offers that charger for their phones...

Date: January 22, 2020 03:06PM
Hahahaha, Apple charging cube to the rescue.
My GoPro 5 uses a USB- C cord. I’m sure yours is the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2020 03:06PM by Carm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 188
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020