Drop dragons?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Not drop bears
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 22, 2020 10:48AM
BernDog
Drop dragons?
Lizard Rain !
Poor critters. Take 'em inside where it's warm ! (*)

(*) Growing up in an environmentalist household, insecticides were strictly Verboten. So of course we had a lively population of friendly insect scavengers living with us. OK, we were infested. Blattae Germanicus, Blattae Americanus, various spiders, etc... . And eventually a couple of lizards moved in as well, and enjoyed both the warm house and the endless feast.

Dad finally had enough and had the house sprayed. We kids were very thankful. Waking up with spiders on your eyeballs was getting .. old.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 22, 2020 11:20AM
They're good eating (seriously, I've had them grilled and in a coconut-based stew in Central America).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: rz
Date: January 22, 2020 12:18PM
They're an invasive species here, and are apparently doing a lot of damage in south Florida. Being cold blooded, they basically go into sleep mode when the temps drop below about 40. Some of them are up to 5 feet long and 20-30 pounds, so you can imagine the damage they can do. The pic in the link above doesn't do them justice... they can have long, razor-sharp claws.

Pest control companies are happy for the cold weather... it makes catching them much easier.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 22, 2020 12:22PM
Pest control companies are happy for the cold weather... it makes catching them much easier.

Sounds like they could use a Ghostbusters type rig but filled with with CO2.

Instead of 'Heat 'em up!' it would be 'time to chill!'

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 22, 2020 03:45PM
Here is a better idea of size, these are not uncommon in S. Florida

Six ways to serve Iguana:

6. Simple stewed Iguana
"Yeah, the first way is you just cook 'em in a little coconut milk. And you call dat, like, a 'stew-down,' right? You serve it with rice."

5. Island-style macoy
"You can also get 'em and cook 'em up with coconut milk, but you can put 'em with conch, rabbit, breadfruit and banana, plantains, carrots, all different kinda stuff. We mix dat all up and we calls dat macoy."

4. Boneless iguana con huevos
"Den, some people stew the 'guana, and they stew it down to the bone. Den, dey takes the bone out and it taste really good. Dat one they cook with coconut oil, and dey puts in the eggs, the 'guana eggs, you know. And den you puts beans an' rice, banana, and yucca. And dat taste so delicious [laughs]."

3. Steamed iguana
"Den, some people, dey also stew it and make a sauce of it. Dey cook it with coconut oil too, but dey adds a little water. And dey sort of steams it dat way. It's served with beans, a little rice, bananas, and yuccas. That bees a good, good meal, mon."

2. Tijuana style
"Another way is you can cook it on a grill. You can barbecue it if you want to. Me and my cousins did dat when we was young, 'cause we liked to make our own food, we like to cook. We take him from de tree with a slingshot!

1. Fry his green ass up!
"Or, you could just fry 'im up with fried plantains. Delicious, mon! It's so good."

(wish I was further south, I'd have been out getting me some pollo de los árboles.)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 22, 2020 09:38PM
Machete time!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 23, 2020 09:13AM
.....what about 'bears'......in boys town.....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 212
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020