advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi [ aka 'you in danger girl' ]?!.....Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series @ Disney+ in danger.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 23, 2020 10:27PM
....placed on hold......1st two scripts scrapped......episode count reduced from 6 to 4......

Obi-Wan Kenobi Series Put on Hold at Disney+, Episode Count Reduced

......We’ve got a bad feeling about this: Disney+ is putting its Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series on hold while it looks for a new writer, and the episode count has been cut from six to four.

Pre-production on the series, which is set to bring back Star Wars prequels star Ewan McGregor as the titular Jedi master, has halted, according to The Hollywood Reporter, and the first two scripts turned in by writer Hossein Amini (The Alienist) have been scrapped. Sources say the initial scripts followed Obi-Wan as he took a young Luke Skywalker — and maybe also a young Leia — under his wing. (Collider first reported the delay. )

The Obi-Wan series was first announced in August, with McGregor taking the stage at Disney’s D23 Expo to confirm he’d be reprising the role for Disney+. The streamer already has a successful Star Wars series on the air in The Mandalorian, which wrapped up an acclaimed freshman season in December and is renewed for a second, slated to air this fall.

No word on when production on the Obi-Wan Kenobi series might start back up again, but McGregor and director Deborah Chow — who also helmed two Season 1 episodes of The Mandalorian — still remain attached to the project.

Wan.....is the loneliest number.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2020 10:29PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi [ aka 'you in danger girl' ]?!.....Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series @ Disney+ in danger.....
Posted by: davemchine
Date: January 24, 2020 02:27AM
Disney is producing shows WAY to fast. This isn’t Barbie movies.
Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi [ aka 'you in danger girl' ]?!.....Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series @ Disney+ in danger.....
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: January 24, 2020 07:44AM
None of these delays are odd for a series of this magnitude -- indeed, for any series. There's a host of reasons shows get delayed, recast, etc. This is just the pre-production phase; it's not like they were on set and McGregor or the director walked off, tossing a finished script to the ground. People are looking for a fire where there's no smoke b'c of what this is; this is just how the business rolls.

Actually, shows aren't being produced too fast -- and this is an example of that. They weren't happy with the scripting and storyline as planned, so they're scrapping it for a fresh start. A variation of this has been the case on a couple of the Marvel series as well.

The Mandalorian set a very high bar for STAR WARS and Marvel series for Disney+. While I'm sorry we won't be getting the Obi-Wan series sooner, I'll be happy to wait for it to be done right.

It's spelled " y'all "

Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: January 24, 2020 11:32AM
Direct from the Jedi's mouth: [screenrant.com]

Ewan McGregor
"It’s just slid to next year, that’s all. The scripts were really good. I think now that Episode IX came out and everyone at Lucasfilm's got more time to spend on the writing, they felt like they wanted more time to spend on the writing. I’ve read about eighty, ninety percent of what they’ve written so far, and it’s really, really good. Instead of shooting this August, they just want to start shooting in January, that's all. Nothing more dramatic than that. It often happens in projects, they just wanted to push it to next year. It will have the same release date, I don’t think it will affect the release date. They're still shooting towards having the film [show] release when it was going to be originally."

It's spelled " y'all "

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 24, 2020 11:56AM
I'm still not particularly keen on The Mandalorian, especially as it's only a half-hour show.

If OWK is only a half-hour, I probably will pass.

It's a little early to be saying that, but it is what it is.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 25, 2020 08:48AM
Help us, Obi-Wan Feige. You're our only hope.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 258
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018