advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Oh, the horror...Nearly 97,000 gallons of Rodney Strong wine spills into Russian River after leak
Posted by: DP
Date: January 24, 2020 06:44AM
On Wednesday afternoon, a 97,000-gallon tank of cabernet sauvignon, at popular winemaker Rodney Strong, sprang a leak.

"We're investigating what appears to be a mechanical failure, we're not entirely sure of that at this point, but were deeply, deeply concerned about this leak and protecting our waterways here in Sonoma County," said Christopher O'Gorman, of Rodney Strong Wine Estates in Healdsburg.

Gorman said once they noticed the leak inside a building on the property, they pumped the wine into another tank. However, much of it spilled into drains and vineyard ponds, which were foamy with red wine on Thursday.

[abc7news.com]

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Oh, the horror...Nearly 97,000 gallons of Rodney Strong wine spills into Russian River after leak
Posted by: Bernie
Date: January 24, 2020 07:21AM
Industries, ones that are Woke, can and do divert spills to a holding pond and keep the spill on their property.

Staunton, Virginia
Re: Oh, the horror...Nearly 97,000 gallons of Rodney Strong wine spills into Russian River after leak
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 24, 2020 07:51AM
Will this be the scene down by the river?

Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 24, 2020 08:24AM
Some happy fish?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 24, 2020 08:32AM
Bernie
Industries, ones that are Woke..
Intelligent, prepared, and good stewards of the planet.

(I find that term to be too annoying and devoid of useful information, because it depends on the reader to interpret...)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 24, 2020 08:58AM
....The Days.....of Wine......and roses.....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: January 24, 2020 09:44AM
I suggest someone open a pop-up restaurant downstream named "The Tipsy Fish"

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 24, 2020 09:52AM
....just the tip..........sy.......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 24, 2020 03:15PM
Woke is such an asinine word.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 24, 2020 03:16PM
That is some good wine, most likely. Oof.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: January 25, 2020 07:29AM
Woke | Definition of Woke by Merriam-Webster

Woke definition is - aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice).

I stand corrected

I Meant

Aware of and actively attentive to EPA facts and issues.

I am just lazy and insensitive, but you knew that already.

smiley-laughing001

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: freeradical
Date: January 25, 2020 07:30PM
Red wine flows into the Russian River.

Hmm...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 291
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018