advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Adobe Creative Suit 4 Install Issue.
Posted by: Surfrider
Date: January 25, 2020 04:24PM
Yup older Creative Suite installing on a Late 2012 Mini 2.3 IntelCore 7 16GB memory running OSX 10.13.6.

I had to re-load this after an operator error...each time time I try, the first disc loads okay, then pops out, then a dialogue box appears that is blank except the words Installer Alert, the rest of the box that should have copy, is blank.

I loaded the second disc but nothing is happening...I hit all the keys I could think of, nothing, nothing will make that message box go away and I have no idea what it says.....I'm stuck!

Does anyone have any experience with this.

I know the program is old but it worked on this computer before, the system works just fine even though it's not new either.

I need a hand, thank you.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Adobe Creative Suit 4 Install Issue.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 25, 2020 04:34PM
Only way I know of to get that to work, and I'm amazed you even had it working, would be to downgrade the OS back to the supported one and install then upgrade the OS back to 10.13.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Surfrider
Date: January 25, 2020 04:41PM
I had this OS before and it worked okay. I inadvertently installed OSX 10.15 and completely @#$%& up my hard drive when I tried to go backward.

I have a work computer this works great on, OSX 10.8.6, can I load it off that one?
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: January 26, 2020 08:34PM
Surfrider
I had this OS before and it worked okay. I inadvertently installed OSX 10.15 and completely @#$%& up my hard drive when I tried to go backward.

I have a work computer this works great on, OSX 10.8.6, can I load it off that one?

I think you will run into authorization problems, if you mean that you want to somehow copy the version from the work computer.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 26, 2020 08:58PM
Per Adobe:

Copy the installer files to your hard drive:
[helpx.adobe.com]

You can also try downloading and installing a CS4 trial and serializing it (I don't know whether these links are still live):
[prodesigntools.com]

Once you have a copy on your drive, you can attempt to install from a hidden binary inside of the installer package (scroll down for CS4 instructions):
[helpx.adobe.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2020 08:58PM by Sarcany.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 181
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020