advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Rant #2: multiple log in boxes for iCloud, facetime, iMessages
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 25, 2020 06:42PM
my MacBook Pro is dying and I used target disk mode to boot the Mini from the MacBook SSD to allow the kid to play his Minecraft world.

So when I log in into my account, it asked for FaceTime password. This is Mavericks. I enter it, I not it asked me for iCloud password. meanwhile I get a code on my iPhone. I am not sure if I can use this code for iCloud (you enter password and add the code at the end), or I need to wait until I get the FaceTime dialog again. I try to enter the password with code, then I get the iCloud, same thing I enter password with code,

eventually I get the FaceTime dialog box again, and I enter the password with code and it tells me it is not correct. I eventually get a new code, and I enter that in the next dialog box that comes up (I don't recall it it was iMessage, iCloud or FaceTime) and everything seems happy now, no more log in boxes.

The whole order is like a random series of big in boxes and message on iPhone and it is impossible to say which code is for which App.

What a cluster frack.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rant #2: multiple log in boxes for iCloud, facetime, iMessages
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 25, 2020 07:00PM
space-time
my MacBook Pro is dying and I used target disk mode to boot the Mini from the MacBook SSD to allow the kid to play his Minecraft world.

So when I log in into my account, it asked for FaceTime password. This is Mavericks. I enter it, I not it asked me for iCloud password. meanwhile I get a code on my iPhone. I am not sure if I can use this code for iCloud (you enter password and add the code at the end), or I need to wait until I get the FaceTime dialog again. I try to enter the password with code, then I get the iCloud, same thing I enter password with code,

eventually I get the FaceTime dialog box again, and I enter the password with code and it tells me it is not correct. I eventually get a new code, and I enter that in the next dialog box that comes up (I don't recall it it was iMessage, iCloud or FaceTime) and everything seems happy now, no more log in boxes.

The whole order is like a random series of big in boxes and message on iPhone and it is impossible to say which code is for which App.

What a cluster frack.

If you weren't running an ancient OS it would be in one spot at the top of system preferences. You are complaning about something they fixed a long time ago,

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 25, 2020 07:13PM
I am running an "ancient" OS because I am tired of yearly updates that introduce new problems and remove features.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: January 25, 2020 07:46PM
space-time
I am running an "ancient" OS because I am tired of yearly updates that introduce new problems and remove features.

I think you're being a bit paranoid about this, s-t…

Live dangerously. Step on a crack. Go outside without an umbrella. Walk under a ladder. Update your Apple devices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2020 01:00AM by Article Accelerator.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 25, 2020 07:48PM
space-time

Embrace the change and the new. Running Catalina here, took me a few weeks to get used to it and now I prefer it over using Mojave.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2020 07:48PM by C(-)ris.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 25, 2020 08:26PM
I just finished doing multiple unsuccessful logins. Solved by rebooting.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: fauch
Date: January 26, 2020 09:02PM
Be careful, eventually it will lock you out... I just ended up disabling iMessage on my Mavs Hackintosh. It worked great for awhile but then became too much trouble and was interfering with all my apple ID devices...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 167
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020