advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Excel Macros... help anyone?
Posted by: jardster
Date: January 27, 2020 07:45PM
Seeking help with MS Excel Macros... Pleeeease.

Every day I download a schedule of patients as an excel file. I then use a macro to "clean it up" so that it only has a few of the columns that I need. I made an extensive macro to make it perfect for the last few years. Then, this weekend, the scheduling software updated and now the downloaded excel file is different, because the macro no longer works.

I tried to make a new macro, but I just can't get it to work, no matter how many times I've tried. Each time, the macro results in basically an empty file. I've attached a screenshot of the beginning of the file below. Basically, I want to have columns C, F and L, with a few blank columns between. When I create a macro with ONLY the instructions to delete columns A+B and shift to the left, I actually lose the columns C and F that I need.

Anyone got any ideas. This is important and would result in a lot of time wasted 5 days a week.

Thank you so much!

Jared

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Excel Macros... help anyone?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 27, 2020 09:20PM
My first guess would be the new file format is being read as having combined cells. Can you insert just the cells/data you want into a clean file and then run the macro?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Carm
Date: January 27, 2020 11:30PM
Is the file format exported (extension) from the software the same?

[en.m.wikipedia.org]
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 28, 2020 02:49AM
If I were in a similar situation, I'd email the software-maker and ask what changes they made to the exported xls file.

No need to go into great detail with them. Just mention that the changes broke a workflow and it would take a lot of time to figure out how to fix it without their help.

Posted by: jardster
Date: January 28, 2020 07:43AM
That was good advice (sometimes the easiest things are).... I called them this AM and they said that they are aware of the issue and the developers are working on a solution.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Sarcany
If I were in a similar situation, I'd email the software-maker and ask what changes they made to the exported xls file.

No need to go into great detail with them. Just mention that the changes broke a workflow and it would take a lot of time to figure out how to fix it without their help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 251
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018