advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What is something you want to be better at? Plan for getting there?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 28, 2020 07:41AM
What is a skill, talent, accomplishment, etc. that you want to be better at? How do you think you can get better?

I would like to be better at being on tune during singing. Doubt I will spend money on singing lessons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2020 07:43AM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What is something you want to be better at? Plan for getting there?
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: January 28, 2020 09:38AM
I want to be better about more biking and fewer car trips around town. Public transportation around this town is terrible, but outside of winter, biking is a good solution.

We bought two e-bikes a year ago to ease back into biking. Some sort of skiing related knee injury had been bothering me for years and made biking up hills difficult. I did about 500 miles of biking last summer and my knee now feels much stronger. My plan is to at least double my amount of biking over the next year.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: January 28, 2020 10:28AM
I'm working to become proficient with SolidWorks for engineering design and modeling. Back in the day, I was pretty good with ProEngineer. SolidWorks isn't much different but it's a little clunky compared to how ProE worked.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 28, 2020 10:32AM
......smooching........practice......practice......practice......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: January 28, 2020 10:36AM
Holding good boundaries with those I spend a lot of time with...
Posted by: Spiff
Date: January 28, 2020 10:57AM
Playing the mandolin. I've got to make time to take it out and noodle around on it.

Tap dancing. My daughter is big into dance at her daycare. I'm hoping this continues and she will want to explore other dance. I can then strap on my shoes and get at it!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: January 28, 2020 10:59AM
I'm trying not to run my mouth without thinking about what I'm going to say first. I also need to listen to what the person I'm talking to is saying instead of waiting for my turn to talk.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: January 28, 2020 11:16AM
I’m working on being a better indoor rock climber - we are getting certified to belay each other so we can hit the walls that are not on autobelay. We have our own gear and are getting hardware so that we can advance...

Even though I’ve been vegetarian for over 30 years, I could add more raw vegetables to my diet. I’m buying nice looking fresh broccoli when it’s available and taking it to work to snack on, for one thing,p. I’ll bring raw cauliflower with hummus, or raw jalapeños with homemade French onion dip. It’s working, I enjoy it and feel better about myself, and I’m sure it’s making a difference in my health. I usually snacked on nuts or something else that wasn’t unhealthy but was not vegetable based either.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 29, 2020 08:28PM
.......good intentions.......the road to hell is paved with.........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018