advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Stupid iPhone 8 ... Dead screen "again". :(
Posted by: spacescape
Date: January 30, 2020 08:13AM
My son's iPhone 8 screen just went "black" for the second time in the last several months. I'm very annoyed because this will be the 3rd time I've had to go to see a genius on this phone (They replaced it once). iTunes finally saw it and made me recover it but the screen never came back. What sucks is that the phone "looks brand new". Oh well, just wishing I didn't get him an iPhone 8.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Stupid iPhone 8 ... Dead screen "again". :(
Posted by: Bernie
Date: January 30, 2020 08:19AM
We just ordered an iPhone 7 off eBay for my Daughter. Her 6 took a tumble. The 7 is pretty scarce and the 8 was plentiful everywhere.

Things that make you go Hum!

off the air smiley

Staunton, Virginia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2020 08:19AM by Bernie.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: January 30, 2020 08:24AM
If we have AppleCare... What does my wife need to know to take it in? She offered to take it but I told her I best deal with it to avoid a bunch of problems. Figure she just needs his phone number, serial number (they should have that from me setting up the appointment), icloud ID and password and any code to get into his phone? Shouldn't be any codes because the phone was never setup after it was restored.

I'd send it to apple but he's diabetic and needs his phone for glucose readings.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 30, 2020 08:30AM
....crazy......8..........????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 30, 2020 08:39AM
spacescape
If we have AppleCare... What does my wife need to know to take it in? She offered to take it but I told her I best deal with it to avoid a bunch of problems. Figure she just needs his phone number, serial number (they should have that from me setting up the appointment), icloud ID and password and any code to get into his phone? Shouldn't be any codes because the phone was never setup after it was restored.

I'd send it to apple but he's diabetic and needs his phone for glucose readings.

[support.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 211
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020