advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Ryan Reynolds Isn't Getting a Super Bowl Ad for Mint Mobile —
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 31, 2020 06:43PM
Ryan Reynolds Isn't Getting a Super Bowl Ad for Mint Mobile — But He Is Giving Away Free Service

As companies spend millions on their advertising for the Super Bowl this weekend, Reynolds, 43, decided to use the money he would’ve spent to his advantage.

The actor recently became the new owner of Mint Mobile, a cell service provider. To promote his new venture, Reynolds announced he didn’t buy a Super Bowl ad because he wanted to go a little more “classy” instead.

“Everyone’s buying ads so I bought one too. Not on TV. In the @nytimes. Because… #classy,” Reynold wrote on a post where he showed off the full-page ad he bought in the New York Times.
The ad announces a fun initiative for new customers to join. Simply sign up during the Super Bowl, between kick off and the final whistle, and get 3 free months of service.

[people.com]

I've been considering Mint Mobile for awhile.

If I can verify coverage around me, I'll probably jump.

If nothing else, I'd have three months free service to make a new plan, and get off the att bus.

But would Mint as my carrier qualify to by a 'Phone interest free, on my Card.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ryan Reynolds Isn't Getting a Super Bowl Ad for Mint Mobile —
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: January 31, 2020 11:32PM
My son uses Mint Mobile. He's had it for about a year and a half? $20/month means I have saved a ton of money.
Re: Ryan Reynolds Isn't Getting a Super Bowl Ad for Mint Mobile —
Posted by: testcase
Date: February 01, 2020 01:15PM
I recently signed up with Visible; an MVNO owned by Verizon. UNLIMITED Talk Text AND DATA but, ONLY on Verizon 4G towers (NO roaming). Many current phones can be ported over OR you can buy a new phone from Visible (I picked up a new Android smartphone from Visible for $20). New customers start out paying $40/month which INCLUDES Taxes Fees and Surcharges but, if you start or join a "Party Pay", you save $5/month for EACH Party Pay member up to three additional members for a total of $25/month! It took me ~ an hour to fill my Party Pay group (via a post on reddit). I am NOT responsible for them at all. A person can leave a Party Pay group without penalty (other the lost $5 discount which you get back when another person joins, filling the vacancy).

If you're in an area with good Verizon coverage, this is a no brainer. TRUE 5G is still a long way off for most of the country and I'm guessing that Verizon wants its' investment in 4G technology to be widely used (and paid for) for years to come.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018