Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Subscription Based News Streaming
Posted by: Bernie
Date: February 01, 2020 04:34PM
Subscription Based News Streaming $60.00 a year

I have Philo, Amazon, and at the moment Apple TV+.

No news. Okay Chedder and BBC World News so you see, no news.

This offers 16 news channels and 2 weather channels.

First of all you will need an app named Web Video Caster to be installed on your IOS device.

I know a lot of us here are looking for ways to get around the big cable stranglehold and this could be an answer to many. I have a lot to tend to in the near future and watching TV is on the back burner for the time being. Hell I am even reading a book.

This is the first News that I have been able to find that did not break the bank. Each news service gets 5 to 6 dollars a piece for an app that is less than what you want. This give you them all for the price of one.

I throw this out there for your "Tips and Deals" discretion.

bunny smiley

Staunton, Virginia
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Subscription Based News Streaming
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 01, 2020 09:04PM
About half those channels are currently free online on a computer. $60 is close to the price of a basic cable subscription so I don't think it is much of a deal. If I was limited to only mobile I would only pay for one finance and maybe two network channels, so under $20 for "apps."

Edit: oh, $61 per year, that's a reasonable amount.

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2020 10:28PM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Re: Subscription Based News Streaming
Posted by: Michael
Date: February 01, 2020 09:53PM
If you're not doing one of the streaming bundles that includes the various news channels, then $5 a month (prepaid for a year) to stream CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, CNBC, CBC News Canada, and the others seems pretty reasonable.

Philo and this news bundle would give you a pretty good representation of common channels, except for sports. Not having sports would be a deal-breaker in our house.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 276
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018