advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PLAY Misty for me?!.....if you have Netflix, they finally heard consumer complaints....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 06, 2020 03:21PM
....they announced today that you can now turn off 'autoplay preview' when you click over any movie/tv show......so annoying.......

....Such complaints have at last been heard, as the streaming giant on Thursday announced that “members can now control whether or not they see autoplay previews,” by signing into their account and following the instructions .

There, users can shut off autoplay preview videos, as well as disable that other thing, where the closing credits of a show get thrown into a tiny window, while the next episode starts playing.........

link at Netflix website to turn off....that darn.......auto preview........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2020 03:33PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PLAY Misty for me?!.....if you have Netflix, they finally heard consumer complaints....
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 06, 2020 05:57PM
THANK GOD!

DONE!

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2020 06:03PM by graylocks.
Re: PLAY Misty for me?!.....if you have Netflix, they finally heard consumer complaints....
Posted by: rgG
Date: February 06, 2020 06:05PM
Thank you.
I don’t get auto preview if I access Netflix from my Dish, but I do if I access from the Roku.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: February 06, 2020 06:27PM
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Reddit voices... were suddenly silenced.

It is what it is.
Posted by: michaelb
Date: February 06, 2020 09:27PM
It didn't work on my ATV though. Anyone else? I can't stand this feature on netflix and it basically means I never browse around looking for stuff to watch (so I only use netflix for stuff that I can navigate to directly).
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 06, 2020 09:29PM
.....some are saying that it may time some time for the feature to work.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 06, 2020 10:17PM
NewtonMP2100
.....some are saying that it may time some time for the feature to work.....

it works so far on my desktop and iphone. hasn’t pushed to my roku yet. we’ll see.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 07, 2020 12:14AM
It likely wasn't them not hearing the complaints, they finally decided to take action.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: February 07, 2020 07:37AM
graylocks
THANK GOD!

DONE!

This. Many thanks.
Posted by: Mactel
Date: February 07, 2020 08:52AM
michaelb
It didn't work on my ATV though. Anyone else? I can't stand this feature on netflix and it basically means I never browse around looking for stuff to watch (so I only use netflix for stuff that I can navigate to directly).

You have to log in using your web browser and go to your account page and it says "turn off autoplay previews on all devices".

Hallelujah!!!!
Posted by: michaelb
Date: February 07, 2020 01:02PM
Mactel
michaelb

You have to log in using your web browser and go to your account page and it says "turn off autoplay previews on all devices".

Hallelujah!!!!

Yes, I did that part. Hoping this takes hold at some point (since the apple tv is the only thing I use for netflix).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 139
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018