advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RIP: Orson Bean [ actor ].......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 08, 2020 08:56AM
.....91.....from 'Dr. Quinn'.....but he was everywhere on TV shows [ even did recent Tide commercial ]....

.....struck by car while crossing street in Venice, CA......

Orson Bean, of Dr. Quinn and Desperate Housewives, Dead at 91

....Veteran actor and comedian Orson Bean died on Friday night after being struck by a car while crossing a street in Venice, Calif. He was 91.

An Army vet who was stationed in postwar Japan in the mid-1940s, Bean (born Dallas Frederick Burrows) began his entertainment career as a magician, before segueing into stand-up comedy. Starting in the 1950s, he was a regular panelist on To Tell the Truth. He also appeared on other game shows as well as Johnny Carson’s The Tonight Show (on which he would be a guest more than 200 times).

Bean’s TV acting credits include (but are by no means limited to) Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman and its spin-off Fernwood 2Nite, The Facts of Life, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, Normal Ohio, 7th Heaven and Desperate Housewives. Most recently, he appeared in a November 2018 episode of Superstore and the latest season of Grace and Frankie (which dropped Jan. 15).

Among his many stage credits, he earned a Tony Award nomination in 1961 for the musical Subways Are for Sleeping and enjoyed a long run in the comedy Never Too Late. His film roles included Being John Malkovich and The Equalizer 2.

Bean’s survivors include his third wife/Dr. Quinn co-star Alley Mills, whom he wed in 1993.

sad way.........to go......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RIP: Orson Bean [ actor ].......
Posted by: testcase
Date: February 08, 2020 10:52AM
".....struck by car while crossing street in Venice, CA...... "

That really sucks. I hope they hammer the driver. damn you smiley
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 08, 2020 11:36AM
testcase
".....struck by car while crossing street in Venice, CA...... "

That really sucks. I hope they hammer the driver. damn you smiley

It was unusual circumstances.

Cops are still investigating, so this may not be the final story. Allegedly, he was walking on the road when a driver clipped him and then he dropped onto the road. Onlookers tried to help by diverting traffic, but ended up distracting and confusing a driver coming from the other direction. The second driver hit him while trying to avoid the other people in the road. The second collision killed him.

Both drivers stopped. Both drivers tried to help. Both drivers cooperated with the cops.

It's a popular area with decent sidewalks and lighting. You can see the street-view here:
[www.google.com]

Posted by: space-time
Date: February 08, 2020 12:01PM
Without knowing the details, I would like to believe the second collision was an unfortunate accident and not driver’s fault. Stuff happens, especially when the chain of events started earlier and you get caught in the chain.
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 08, 2020 01:00PM
I remember him as a frequent panelist on "To Tell The Truth" (the color TV version of later years... I'm not that old). He always drew a little cartoon on the card that revealed his guess.
Posted by: hal
Date: February 08, 2020 01:23PM
Acer
I remember him as a frequent panelist on "To Tell The Truth" (the color TV version of later years... I'm not that old). He always drew a little cartoon on the card that revealed his guess.

me too - or was it What's my Line? I remember Orson Bean as a panelist, not an actor.
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: February 08, 2020 01:52PM
The two strongest Orson Bean memories for me are his personal story of Reichian therapy, Me and the Orgone, and his rendition of the song, I Ate the Baloney.

RIP, my man. Even at 91, too soon.

Todd’s orgone keybox
Posted by: Buzz
Date: February 08, 2020 03:48PM
91 is the new 73

Dang. If you're up and running at 91, better to get Magan Marshack'ed than Inattentive Driver'ed.
==
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: February 09, 2020 11:20AM
I heard of his death and knew the name rang a bell beyond the aforementioned TV show appearances, and then a post on Twitter from TheOneRing.net reminded me. :-(

It's spelled " y'all "

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 282
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018