advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone subscribe to Spokeo or similar directory service?
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: February 08, 2020 07:53PM
I found a wallet today in downtown Orlando, belonging to Krishaun D. Sloan. Had a North Carolina drivers license, but other contents made me doubt he still lived at that address.

If someone turns up a phone number for him, I'll text to let him know where I turned it in. I've already tried (336) 986-0901, with no response.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone subscribe to Spokeo or similar directory service?
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 08, 2020 08:10PM
The only thing I can come up with is to go to this web site

truepeoplesearch.com

then enter his name and look at the first entry. Click on his last know address and the web site will show you other people who live/lived there. Then look for one with the same last name

I found this one, now sure if they are related or not

Antonio D Sloan

(336) 650-9319 - Landline
(336) 837-9289 - Wireless
(336) 997-3327 - Wireless
Posted by: testcase
Date: February 08, 2020 08:31PM
Any particular reason you did not simply turn it in to the local Police / Sheriff's station? The contents would be inventoried; you'd get an official receipt. Then, a professional would perform a search (on databases you would NOT have access to) and, make a sincere attempt to return said property to its' rightful owner. If the rightful owner could NOT be located and, the property was NOT any sort of contraband (fake license etc), you could claim legitimate ownership after the statutory hold period had passed (if you wanted to claim it).
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 08, 2020 08:33PM
he already said he turned it in. Hopefully at one of these places.
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: February 09, 2020 12:29PM
Thanks to davemchine, I've sent some texts and emails.

testcase
Any particular reason you did not simply turn it in to the local Police / Sheriff's station? The contents would be inventoried; you'd get an official receipt. Then, a professional would perform a search (on databases you would NOT have access to) and, make a sincere attempt to return said property to its' rightful owner.

Because I wanted the owner to get it back.

Not being in Mayberry, I had no confidence that the police would do anything other than throw it in a box (I was never even contacted when my stolen car was recovered), and, well, not everyone in our world welcomes the chance to visit a police station.

After pondering the options—police, drop in a mailbox for delivery to address on out-of-state drivers license, turn it in to transit lost & found—I chose the latter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 219
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018