advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Logitech's new vid cam and new (free) software
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: February 12, 2020 07:34AM
Logitech just came out with a new video camera, and vastly improved their software, which I'm checking out from today.

This guy has a good overview of both, posted yesterday.

By the way, if any of you are video creators, can you figure out how he does that opaque bullet point slide out from the left at the 9:00 mark? Love that.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Logitech's new vid cam and new (free) software
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 12, 2020 09:04AM
CREATE VERTICAL VIDEO FOR MOBILE VIEWING
Record in 9:16 vertical video for an optimized viewing experience on mobile phones and social media posts.

smiley-shocked003angry villagers smiley
Posted by: Buzz
Date: February 12, 2020 11:02AM
Does the new software work w/ their old cameras?
==
Date: February 12, 2020 11:21AM
Buzz
Does the new software work w/ their old cameras?
==
Yes. I'm running it via my Logitech C920 on my 2013 Mac Pro, Catalina.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: mikebw
Date: February 13, 2020 11:46AM
tuqqer
Logitech just came out with a new video camera, and vastly improved their software, which I'm checking out from today.

This guy has a good overview of both, posted yesterday.

By the way, if any of you are video creators, can you figure out how he does that opaque bullet point slide out from the left at the 9:00 mark? Love that.

Looks like 3 separate layers slide on in order, first the light grey, then the darker, then the white text- and a blur effect fades in at the same time on all the layers below along that side.
Date: February 13, 2020 11:51AM
space-time
CREATE VERTICAL VIDEO FOR MOBILE VIEWING
Record in 9:16 vertical video for an optimized viewing experience on mobile phones and social media posts.

smiley-shocked003angry villagers smiley

Should just go back to square, really.

But what I find strange is on one page they spell it "optimised" and then "optimized" on another.

EDIT: Also, it requires macOS 10.14 or higher...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 11:52AM by mikebw.
Date: February 13, 2020 12:42PM
mikebw
But what I find strange is on one page they spell it "optimised" and then "optimized" on another.

Wondered that. Just learned that Logitech is a Swiss company, so I suspect they're right in the middle of UK and American spellings when it comes to their editors smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2020 12:55PM
mikebw
Looks like 3 separate layers slide on in order, first the light grey, then the darker, then the white text- and a blur effect fades in at the same time on all the layers below along that side.

Asked around, and found out it's a plug-in for Final Cut Pro called TitleMation.

Looks like I may need to up my game from itsy bitsy Screenflow to Final Cut Pro.

Date: February 13, 2020 01:17PM
tuqqer
mikebw

Asked around, and found out it's a plug-in for Final Cut Pro called TitleMation.

Looks like I may need to up my game from itsy bitsy Screenflow to Final Cut Pro.

It would be really impressive if Logitech's free software could do the same.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 282
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018