advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
rick roll?!....this long 'missing' actor returning to old Disney movie franchise sequel/reboot.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 12, 2020 01:16PM
....Rick Moranis......he took long break from movies when his wife died to take care of kids [ he did do voice over work ]......coming back for 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' upcoming sequel called 'Shrunk'......

.....he was in big movies 'Ghost Busters'......'Little Shop of Horrors'....'Spaceballs'.......etc......

Rick Moranis Returning for 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' Reboot

.....Josh Gad is starring in the new take from Disney.

Rick Moranis is returning to one of the franchises he helped build. The actor will appear in Disney's upcoming reboot of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Joe Johnston, who helmed the original, will direct the new take, with Josh Gad attached to star as the son to Moranis' character, Wayne Szalinski. David Hoberman is producing the reboot, with Todd Rosenberg penning the script.

Moranis starred in the 1989 original as a scientist whose children stumble upon one of his experiments in their family's home and end up shrinking themselves down to the size of bugs. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids spawned a 1992 theatrical sequel, Honey, I Blew Up the Kid, as well as a straight-to-DVD continuation, 1997's Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves. Moranis appeared in all three.

Moranis is known for a number of seminal comedy roles, including Ghostbusters and Spaceballs, but has been extremely picky with his roles in recent decades, avoiding overtures to be part of 2016's Ghostbusters reboot. He has not appeared in live-action theatrical film since 1994's Little Giants.

making a.........return...........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 01:35PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: rick roll?!....this long 'missing' actor returning to old Disney movie franchise sequel/reboot.....
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 12, 2020 02:26PM
I'm fine with him taking the role, the obvious question is why are they remaking it?

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Re: rick roll?!....this long 'missing' actor returning to old Disney movie franchise sequel/reboot.....
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 12, 2020 02:47PM
Ombligo
I'm fine with him taking the role, the obvious question is why are they remaking it?
$$$$$$$$
Posted by: rz
Date: February 12, 2020 02:47PM
Because Hollywood has officially run out of ideas.
Posted by: decay
Date: February 12, 2020 02:50PM
Easier to sell the familiar

---
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: February 12, 2020 04:24PM
Because Hollywood has officially run out of ideas.

Not to mention smart people open to new ideas to try them out on.

Officially, people are stupid.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Cary
Date: February 12, 2020 07:49PM
I liked him in My Blue Heaven.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: February 12, 2020 07:58PM
It’s good to see that hoser back, eh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 252
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018